Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please tell me this is just a sick rumor, but are people actually putting SR20's into Civics?

No... No!..NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ugh the very thought of "Powered By Nissan" on the top of a Civics windshield would cause me to convulse violently.

I guess Jimmy Tran on fast and the furious was doing that though, wasn't he? He was spraying that guy with oil to get his SR20's back.

Oh man, somebody make it stop!!

I mean, that would be like some guy taking a mustang and putting a chevy engine in it? I mean, could you imagine? That guy would get shot on sight by any mustang or chevy luver!!!

"A couple of Nissan SR20 engine's would pull a premium before race wars wouldn't they"... yes, but you aren't running any Nissan's? Maybe you need it since your B16A is stuck up your arse.

S

·
0 Posts
got me thinking also about why in the movie he mentions sr20 motors. Probably some riceboys are actually trying to do that.

Z

·
0 Posts
I've heard of one alleged SR20-into-a-Civic project but it was widely rumored to be fake and it never appeared. To this day I don't think there is an SR20 in a Civic anywhere. As far as TFATF, well... the whole movie basically runs on buzzwords from the street racing scene and import shows, so they just put two buzzwords together - Civic and SR20DE.

I need NAAAWWWWSSS... two bottles. The big ones.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
***My F'n'F memories are few and far between, so bear with me.***

What I want to know if how did that kid know he had 440cc injectors (or whatever they were) just by peeking under the hood of the Eclipse for 15 seconds??? :rolleyes:

"Smoke 'em". :cool:

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
sentra94xe said:
***My F'n'F memories are few and far between, so bear with me.***

What I want to know if how did that kid know he had 440cc injectors (or whatever they were) just by peeking under the hood of the Eclipse for 15 seconds??? :rolleyes:
That is very true, i had to put it on and see that part. Very funny. Also did anyone notice Vin Diesel says right after, ". . . and a stand alone fuel management system, not a bad way to spend $10,000". But when the eclipse blows up the black FBI agent says " that was an $80,000 vehicle" I dont think Mitsubishi Eclipses cost $70,000.

·
Registered
672 Posts
i think that in total, the eclipse costed them 80 grand to make like that......and maybe vinny boy was refrreing to the satnd alone fuel managemnet system being 10gs:D lol, and if u think that the civic thing is bad, one of my friends had the crazy idea of **wanting** to get a usdm sr20de and t it and drop it into a lada samara:mad: :eek:

Z

·
0 Posts
From what I heard, that Jetta from TFATF sold for $80,000... Frankie Muniz (Malcolm on Malcolm in the Middle) bought it.

Of course it would have to be plated in platinum for it to actually be worth that much. Makes me cringe when I think about it. I mean $80k! I could get a 2003 Viper SRT-10 and have money left over for an Altima V6! Or I could use it as a down payment on a Porsche GT2, and then I'd only owe about $100,000 on it. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uhh, yeah all you need to get an SR20 in a Civic is money... and less than half a brain. I swear if I ever see some dork with a Nissan motor under the hood of his Civic I'll just laugh at him. Then I'll call him rice to his face.

"yeah man, check out my Civic HX, with a Nissan SR20 motor, and mitsubishi eclipse AWD...yeah it only cost me $60k to get it done.."

In the meantime, I'll take that same $60k and buy a Bimmer M Coupe and kill your little Civic in reverse.

Stupid, stupid people...

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Teknokid said:

That is very true, i had to put it on and see that part. Very funny. Also did anyone notice Vin Diesel says right after, ". . . and a stand alone fuel management system, not a bad way to spend $10,000". But when the eclipse blows up the black FBI agent says " that was an $80,000 vehicle" I dont think Mitsubishi Eclipses cost $70,000.
How'about the quote from the geeky VW driving guy when they raise the hood on the turbo eclipse and the first thing he says is "ummm cold air intake"

This would make a great thread in off topic area...

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Damn although that sucks that somone would put a powerful SR20DET into a sorry ass civic, I would still love to see it. Although the engine swap into a civic is stupid, hardwork should still be appreciated. Do you have the address or phone number of Sleepermotorsports??

·
Registered
85 Posts
This just goes to show that Nissan motors are better then hondas, the thing that scares me is what happens when these ricers come into the Nissan world and start giving us the ricer name.

·
Registered
46 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong. i haven't seen the movie in a long time. but isn't there at least one b14 sentra/200sx on a lift in the movie? i think it was red and it was shown as diesel and the other guy hide.

once again this was a while ago.

as far a as an sr20de in a civic, well atleast they're starting to realize torque is more than just a buzzword. speaking of which i've read some where that a company in japan called Top Tecret, put a skyline motor(rb26dett) in supra. something about matching more power with better areodynamics.

·
You get what you pay for.
156 Posts
WWW.SLEEPERMOTORSPORT.COM

Teknokid said:
Damn although that sucks that somone would put a powerful SR20DET into a sorry ass civic, I would still love to see it. Although the engine swap into a civic is stupid, hardwork should still be appreciated. Do you have the address or phone number of Sleepermotorsports??

S

·
0 Posts
One of these days they should make another movie about import racing. One thats more true to the real thing. That dosen't just put together a bunch of buzzwords that at the end sound lame as hell to anyone that actually knows anything about import performance.

I dont think there was one se-r in that whole movie. If there was one on the lift in that scene than I missed it. That kind of pissed me off, they even had a VW but not one friggin' se-r!

·
Registered
118 Posts
leon had a skyline, vince a maxima, the bitch a 240sx, wouldnt it made more sense if jesse had a se-r???

·
Registered
672 Posts
Originally posted by stealth_b13
leon had a skyline, vince a maxima, the bitch a 240sx, wouldnt it made more sense if jesse had a se-r???
yes, yes it would:D

Originally posted by Teknokid What is a lada samara??
a lada samara is a russian car that falls apart quite quickly. his last one had its seats rusted to the floor so they couldnt move:(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts