Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a GA16DE DOHC head bolt onto a GA16i block i need to know cuz my GA16i head is cracked and i have a GA16DE head for it? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i know its DOHC but i take the heads don't interchange even when i have everything but the GA16DE block?

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
corey85 said:
i know its DOHC but i take the heads don't interchange even when i have everything but the GA16DE block?
correct. it will not bolt on there. I'd imagine you'd have timing chain issues plus the GA16i intake manifold is not interchangeable with the DE. :rolleyes:

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
corey85's signature said:
...89 sentra 2dr that does low 13's in the 1/4mile...
Now how is it that you do low 13's in a B12 and you don't know simple differences between a GA16i and GA16DE? A low 13 B12 would require either 1. Extensive work to the engine (forged internals, head work, forced induction, not to mention race fuel, standalone engine management, etc.) or 2. a different motor.

I think we should ask you for Sentra advice ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you guys don't have to be fucktards about all i asked was a simple ? becuz i have the parts and was just wunderin thats all. i now have a DE block so i just gonna do the swap.and yes my i block is not stock. its bored .30 over 4into one custom header and some other stuff. you guys obvilously don't race your cars as much as you say you do the B12 weigh 700lbs with no driveline or interior you add a driveline it goes up to 979lbs just cuz that gay little tag says it wieghs this much it is not true.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
corey85 said:
you guys don't have to be fucktards about all i asked was a simple ? becuz i have the parts and was just wunderin thats all. i now have a DE block so i just gonna do the swap.and yes my i block is not stock. its bored .30 over 4into one custom header and some other stuff. you guys obvilously don't race your cars as much as you say you do the B12 weigh 700lbs with no driveline or interior you add a driveline it goes up to 979lbs just cuz that gay little tag says it wieghs this much it is not true.
That must be amazing some other stuff! I take it you don't have time slips? No, of course not, I'm sorry for asking. And no need to be rude, you're the one making these claims, if I'm a bit incredulous, its only because I've been around quite a few B12s (combined between me, my dad, and my uncles, we've owned about a dozen B11/B12s and worked on countless others) and none perform as you claim your does.

Hell, I'd be throughly amazed if my S13 did 13's in a quarter, stock, and its significantly more car than a B12 (not a knock on the B12, its just the S13 suits a different purpose).

(I'm assuming your a younger lad) You'll get much further in life if you don't walk around talking out of your arse, especially to people who know quite a bit more than you on a particular subject.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
taking out your interior brings u down 1000 pounds?, i went on the scale at the dump the other day and i was like.. 2015 in my 89 wooow didnt know cotton could add up like that

·
Registered
6 Posts
WTF you mean i have no time slips ?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
no BS will be tolerated in here. keep it to pm if you guys want to argue... i dont need a children garden here (already got that job at the shop). If he wants to put time slip hell do. until then i dont want to here about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.