Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
why did you kick my post? it was worthy. I just wanted some input for you other nissan guys.

·
SLAVE TO THE GRIND
149 Posts
myoung said:
huh? A CF hood scoop on an Altima? I hope you're kidding...
i meant like a "how to project" .......although you could but a scoop on an altima...hehe...hell I have one on my sentra
:rolleyes:

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TOOQIK said:
i meant like a "how to project" .......although you could but a scoop on an altima...hehe...hell I have one on my sentra
:rolleyes:
Well we can only do what we can do... or what we do best. If anyone wants to turn a CF article in, they are more than welcome.. We are open source. If its good, it will go in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
whats in store for the project Car: 2005 Altima SE-R

whats in store for the project Car: 2005 Altima SE-R

Thanks,

-CTDAN

·
Registered
7 Posts
Project Altima

Hey guys! So I'm really into racing, and I just got haned my mom's 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5s. And I had a few questions.

1. I want to keep the engine and the car, but there aren't many parts for the "Altime 2.5s" engine. However I found that the Sentra SE-R has the exact same engine. Can a slap on parts for my Altima that are made for the SE-R...say like headers and camshafts? Cold air intake?

2. What do headers and camshafts do?

3.If I wanted to plung in an EMS, would I have to modify my car first and then plug it, or can I keep adding things after I've already installed it?

4. I wanted to put a Nismo dual catback exhaust, but there is only on exhaust manifold. (am I saying that right?) Is it possible to spread the exhaust into two pipes? If so, does it do anything to either boost or lower horse power?

5. What is a short shifter and what does it do?

Thanks so much!

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
HusH said:
Hey guys! So I'm really into racing, and I just got haned my mom's 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5s. And I had a few questions.

1. I want to keep the engine and the car, but there aren't many parts for the "Altime 2.5s" engine. However I found that the Sentra SE-R has the exact same engine. Can a slap on parts for my Altima that are made for the SE-R...say like headers and camshafts? Cold air intake?

2. What do headers and camshafts do?

3.If I wanted to plung in an EMS, would I have to modify my car first and then plug it, or can I keep adding things after I've already installed it?

4. I wanted to put a Nismo dual catback exhaust, but there is only on exhaust manifold. (am I saying that right?) Is it possible to spread the exhaust into two pipes? If so, does it do anything to either boost or lower horse power?

5. What is a short shifter and what does it do?

Thanks so much!
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/august05/rush/

Pay particular attention, to the information on the NISMO R-Tune Altima.

1. There are plenty of parts for the 4 cylinder Altima. The NISMO site is not the most up to date. The Mossy site might be a little more helpful for specific parts fitment. The NISMO suspension listed for the V6 car will work for your car.

NISMO

Mossy Performance

2. Check out the back issues of our Revenge of the Nerds column. I trust there's more than enough information for your automotive performance questions.

Nerds

3. EMS's or ECU's or chipping is somewhat of a mystery on late model Nissan's because of the encryption used on the computers. Technosquare seems to be the only company we know of that's got a chip out for Nissan's unless you go with a stand alone unit. *you are definitely on your own with this level of tuning*

4. There's probably no benefit of adding a dual exhaust to your car other than aesthetics. A single exhaust will do just fine, just as it does with the Spec-V. Keep the sleeper look of the car and enjoy the fun.

5. A short shifter shortens the throws between gears, enabling quicker shifts.

Glad you got the car; just make sure the racing stays on the track and not the streets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
More questions!

Wow! Thanks for the resources! I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to stay on the tracks. Out where I live there's a special race track for legal street racing. But I'm still wondering, can I use parts for the Sentra SE-R on my Altima 2.5s? I mean, say I wanted to use a turbocharger or a supercharger for a Sentra, could I put it on my Altima? Also, is there any real advantage to buying NISMO parts Vs. say, AEM or Stillen? They seem really expensive, but are they worth it?

Pat

SR20AL said:
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/august05/rush/

Pay particular attention, to the information on the NISMO R-Tune Altima.

1. There are plenty of parts for the 4 cylinder Altima. The NISMO site is not the most up to date. The Mossy site might be a little more helpful for specific parts fitment. The NISMO suspension listed for the V6 car will work for your car.

NISMO

Mossy Performance

2. Check out the back issues of our Revenge of the Nerds column. I trust there's more than enough information for your automotive performance questions.

Nerds

3. EMS's or ECU's or chipping is somewhat of a mystery on late model Nissan's because of the encryption used on the computers. Technosquare seems to be the only company we know of that's got a chip out for Nissan's unless you go with a stand alone unit. *you are definitely on your own with this level of tuning*

4. There's probably no benefit of adding a dual exhaust to your car other than aesthetics. A single exhaust will do just fine, just as it does with the Spec-V. Keep the sleeper look of the car and enjoy the fun.

5. A short shifter shortens the throws between gears, enabling quicker shifts.

Glad you got the car; just make sure the racing stays on the track and not the streets.

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nissanbernie said:
I am a newbie..what are NPM and were do i post a questions concerning electrical problems?
nissanbernie
NPM = Nissan Performance Magazine

Post your electrical problem in the area where your specific car is listed..

Welcome to the forums :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
nissan help

ok i have a 1995 nissan sentra gxe well i want to put a sort air intake in it but here is my problem in the stock air box their a sensor that lets the car know how much air and temp stuff but the new sot=rt air intake hase no place for that sensor so i held of on getting it what do i do and ideas any one?

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tigerfu98 said:
ok i have a 1995 nissan sentra gxe well i want to put a sort air intake in it but here is my problem in the stock air box their a sensor that lets the car know how much air and temp stuff but the new sot=rt air intake hase no place for that sensor so i held of on getting it what do i do and ideas any one?
Please read the thread title....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quick question. I heard somebody tell me to engine swap my 2.5s Altima's engine for a Skyline's twin turbo. Is this even possible?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts