Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
If I remember correctly sentra and almera ECU needs own circuit board which will be attached to original ECU and added board has programmable chip in it. JWT (I think) has this kind of re-programmed chips. but I don't remember for sure.

- No-Pain -

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Chip Came in ****BUT****

Here is the website they gave us...

http://eformance.info/ecu/

Took it to the local ECU repair guy to get it soldered in and he says there is nowhere to solder or replace this chip on the ecu we have...

There website states we can put in any ecu for that motor into our car just so long as the transmission matches... the junkyards say otherwise

So I guess we're screwed unless someone can help here... the local wrecker yards say the ecu's are NOT interchangable

here is our part number a11-649 bk5 3308

-=Fred=-

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Fred Sorry you got rooked! But I questioned this Dude extensively because i have done this with American Iron from the eighties with great success! In fact there wasn't much that you could do with the early tuned port Chevy engines besides buying and installing an upgraded E-prom. It certainly is a shame that there are people out there just waiting to take advantage of others that are just not in the know about such things. My Father always said if something looks to good to be true it usually is. If you find out that you are wrong please post up I sure would love to find some easy power via a cheap e-prom!

·
Registered
734 Posts
ok, i been reading this thread. i have a 94 ecu here i just had to open up after reading all this. my ecu is just like the 2nd pic in the link you provided. the one that he says you will need a daughter board no make work. whats your ecu number?

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Our ecu did appear onthe list and it is also the second type ecu. He wrote and said he had the daughter board in stock and sent us input instructions. The cost is 40 bucks delivered. It required 2 chips and he said the 40 bucks included the second chip....

Well tonite the car got totalled at the race trac tonite so it doesn't look like we're going to be chipping it... at least for now.

Anybody want to make an offer on the chip, hahahaha

Thanx

-=Fred=-

·
Registered
120 Posts
The B13 has a great slot for adding daughter boards, but no one out there (except Calum who's just checking out the ECU) knows what to do with it. There's a daughterboard available from Japan that costs over $200 - but if no one can do anything with it there's no sense in getting it.
JWT doesn't use the B13 GA ECU, they replace it with an SR20 ECU that's reprogrammed for the GA.

Fred, sorry to hear about your race accident. Hope everyone's okay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts