Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently bought a 1996 240sx se with 77k. I am completly new to this car. I always liked them but never realy looked into them too much. I know they have lots of potentual. Thats where i need some help guys. I want to keep it black and sexy, find a good looking kit for it i want to take my time. And as for under the hood im not exactly sure of all my options for this car. Would a silvia swap be a good idea or not? or what other things can i do? I just need some help pleeeaasse!!!!! :fluffy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
its really all up to you, do u want to look good or go fast? if i were you i would look into getting a front clip or motorset before you go for looks. a coulpe of good choices are the sr20det which is very easy to find parts for and not to bad of price, or you could go with a rb25det. they are a better buy in my mind and if you arnt going to modify it alot it would be a good choice. they are very capable of making good power with little modification as is the sr20det, so in the end it is all up to you. if you want to be a little different than i would say rb25det, otherwises the sr20det is always going to be a good motor. Good luck to you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
what do you mean by a front clip? I dont have a garage to work on but i do have a driveway atleast. lol. I want to keep my car sexy and every day drivable but with some awsome handling power and some good power under the hood. What should be my first step? intake? exaust? suspention? where can i find some good deals :thumbup: ? how much am i looking at spending on an engine swap. I defenetly want to have a turbo in there eventualy. Also who has good rims? I want some NICE ones but i havnt found any that please me yet.

PS- Also because is it completly stock and has 77k miles on it what type of problems might i be looking at or what should i replace before it might fuck up. Because it is rear wheel drive should i be conserned with the drive shaft? (i think thats the right term) im not that very mechanechly inclined but i know some stuff.....please dont shoot me :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts