Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem, my 92' 240sx has been wrecked :mad: my frame was bent and front end was pretty messed up. Im getting the body fix right now but i cant find a NEW motor,. Everywhere I look they are all repaired motors or "like new". Anyone have any websites they know of to get one? I heard i can get one shipped from ovver seas, I would rather do that. Please help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
sounds to me like a good reason to drop in an sr or a rb (if you have the money for an rb)... search around.. lots of sites r recommened, i just havent memorized them yet. but hey SR... if you have to replace it,,, replace it and move up

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
There was frame damage and the car wasn't totalled? Check the 240sxforums.com classifieds. Some people have some KA's up for sale there. Or you could just do a swap as recommended in the previous post. If you get a KA, you could turbo it before you put it in for less than it would cost to swap an SR.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
I would check EBay. Occasionally, companies sell rebuilt KA24DE's. If you're going to turbo, buying a rebuilt KA24DE (which sometimes go for as low as $500) is the best route.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
yeah the vg30e will work, but its still going to be work. just stick with what ya got man. just swap in another ka, no wiring harnesses to worry about and it will be easier

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
kaptainkrollio said:
There was frame damage and the car wasn't totalled?
Its only totalled when the Insurance company finds out :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
But even still, if it's going to cost more to fix it then it's worth, then you are better off selling it and getting a new one. The damage to my frist 240 was estimated at $4000 even though I only paid $2600 for it. The insurance company didn't find out, but I still got rid of it and bought a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts