Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im really starting to get pissed off...my car is lucky to get 23 miles per gallon... my last tank i got 20 mpg. all i have on my car is a hotshot cai with a k&n filter and a muffler as far as engine work goes... i only have 56000 miles and my car is a 1993. it just doesnt make any sense, could someone please give me some thoughts and suggestions, id appreciate if no one would be smart asses about it, thanks!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If your car is in good tune (plugs, wires, timing, idle adjustment, fuel filter, air filter), it could be a faulty oxygen sensor.

Lew

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for the suggestions guys, i will check into that...if anyone has any other thoughts, please let me know, thanks again----just another little bit, my car has dyno'd at a peak 75 horsepower, i think i was lucky to get that because my other two pulls were like high 60's, whoohoo...im soooo close to giving up

·
Registered
52 Posts
It probally is the o2 sensor..If your so close to giving up, just do and get a b14. Just my 2 cents, but if you love your car just stick with it and get a nice tune up :cheers:

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
I agree with Tdizzle. If I gave up on my car, I wouldn't have learned so much from it and others in this forum. If you really want to stick w/your ride, just make the necessary tune-ups and don't be scared to ask ?????. Yeah there are some cats in here who will jump down your throat, but that's about 1% of the forum...the rest will definitely help you. Good luck

OR you can go with plan B....get a b14 :cool: :cheers: :thumbup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks...lol ill look into the b14 thing. i really just dont have the cash to do so much right now, but ill see how the cat and o2 thing goes...then ill go from there- i think i replaced my o2 sensor about a year ago, but maybe it sucks....idunno

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
motentra said:
thanks...lol ill look into the b14 thing. i really just dont have the cash to do so much right now, but ill see how the cat and o2 thing goes...then ill go from there- i think i replaced my o2 sensor about a year ago, but maybe it sucks....idunno
No problem...a lot of us don't have much $$$$ to spend on our rides...so we do the next best thing and do cheap mods that will improve performance. Search the forum and find them, they're all ova.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts