Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 95 200sx with the 1.6 liter in it. I bought it for a few hundred and got it to run but decided to pull the spark plug and guess what. Number 1 was strip and didn't want to go back in no more. Now you could practically drop the hole sprak plug into the whole down the piston. To get to the point, Will a ga16de from the previous sentra and nx (1991-1994) fit in mine considering changing the intake and exhaust manifold? Is the long block of a B13 the same as the long block of a B14 ga16de. There's a engine for sale and it came off a 92 so I need to know before I make the drive 2 hours away. Thanks again. Again I need to get it going cause my wife starts school in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
why dont you just get the plug helicoiled ?
My Jag was done with the head on, and was fine.
it must still be easier and cheaper to take the head off and Heliciol the threads on all the plugs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bought the helicoil set and it does not cut at all. the tap goes all the way in the hole. No more clearance for making new threads. There's also a product called TimeSerts, some concept but works way better then the helicoil. Cost a grip though, not worth for one time that I need it might as well repair or replace it.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
damm !!! even if the plug blows out there is usually enough to helicoil.
since it way down there are you sure ?
Well at this point i think you have to take the head off, then take it to a machine shop and they can put in an insert. Or get another head, look in the classifieds here and on the other nissan forums.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
I have a 95 200sx with the 1.6 liter in it. I bought it for a few hundred and got it to run but decided to pull the spark plug and guess what. Number 1 was strip and didn't want to go back in no more. Now you could practically drop the hole sprak plug into the whole down the piston. To get to the point, Will a ga16de from the previous sentra and nx (1991-1994) fit in mine considering changing the intake and exhaust manifold? Is the long block of a B13 the same as the long block of a B14 ga16de. There's a engine for sale and it came off a 92 so I need to know before I make the drive 2 hours away. Thanks again. Again I need to get it going cause my wife starts school in 2 weeks.
You need to use a GA16 from a B14. The IM from a B14 will not fit a B13 and as such makes the wiring and other parts a real pain. Not worth it considering the low cost of a B14 GA16 motor...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well I think it's time you forgot about that POS and went hunting in your local bone yard! I just changed out my engine and trans for 900.00 bucks with a 40k package. Car runs great now after some tweaking well worth the trouble.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If I need to take the head off and get another one then I might as well buy a head on the net for 299 shipped. Everything is done on it already. Considering my head will cost roughly over 100 dollars to get fix. Last time I got my sister's camry cylinder head pressure check and resurface, it cost like $120. I'm estimating $200 to get check and rethreaded.

Thanks for the info, that's all I need to know to make my decision. I guess it's time to get my tools back out. I don't know too much about the ga16de but the sr20de is imprinted in my head, done so many swaps, heads, trannys, turbos. So thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
does it have cams and already shimed up for that ?
don't forget this has valve adjust by shims, not hydraulic like a SR20

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The head on sale is ready to go with cams on the head already. I took off the head and notice that they are shimmed. The head is scrap. Machine shop said it couldn't be fix. I had the shimmed with the bucket all lined up the way they came out but I guess it's no use. Time to get a head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts