Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 Sentra MT. I took apart the glove box and center console/frame compartments. I didn't note what screws, nuts, and bolsts go where. Now I can't put them back together. The screws, nuts, and bolts don't seem to go anywhere.

Is there a diagram that shows what goes where?

Thanks for all the help.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If the screws aren't going and holding into anything, look on your floorboard for some little metal tags. When I removed my glovebox for some modifications I noticed three of those metal tags had previously broke and fell to the floor. They're like a 0.03 cent part at the local hard ware shop.

I noticed them mainly on the upper screw locations when the glovebox is in place but the door is open.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you can find a shop manual for the '87 Sentra, it should have an exploded view of the glove box/dash board. This will show what screws/bolts go where. I have one for my '89 and I think there's an exploded view in mine. If you think this will help, I can make make a copy for you.

Zychrias is right about those clips. They fall out pretty easily and can get lost.

lemmeno!

Jon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the responses.

Jon I'd really appreciate it if I could get those copies.
Please let me know how.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you give me your e-mail, I could scan the page(s) and send them as an attachment.

How's that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
more people might need this too...

-IL-

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, IL. The '89 manual has prety much the same diagram. It's good though that you're showing the diagram for the '87 model.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Jon and Innerlogic for the helpful diagram.
I finally put my interior back to normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts