Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SHIFT_amazing
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok awhile ago my brother had his friend come over and fixed a fuel injector cuz thats what our 1990 300ZX N/A needed. Anywayz, lets just said we was clumzy and lazy and ended up (so i hear) dropped rubber tubes and shit into the engine on accident. Well let me just tell you i wasnt here, i was up at college, when the kid tryed fixing it. Well my brother said he did all the hard work right, like installed everything and put the engine back together, but we were missin a hose, needed coolent and he THINKS something might be stuck somewhere in the engine. Well i did a little snoopin around and i found 3 things off the bat i knew had to be wrong. The first picture is right behind and under where the throttle bodies are. Obviously you can see that the rubber hose is ripped to shreds on one side, but what is that hose suppose to connect to, well obviously the metal thing it is touchin, but what is that called? The second picture is of me holding to hoses i saw just dangling there. The hose to the left has some kinda plastic thing on the tip of it, and the hose to the left had some kinda yellow crusty stuff in it, was layin under the battery and seems to lead into the passenger fender well. The 3rd picture is directly behind the engine close to the passenger side, right across from the firewall. Obviously again im missing a hose, but my question about this is where is that hose to suppose to lead to, like wheres the other end it "plugs" into? THANKS, I REALLY WANA GET MY Z UP AND RUNNING AGAIN FOR THIS NICE WEATHER!

·
Registered
64 Posts
speedricer said:
Anyone please, help a fellow Zcar owner get it running again :)
check out 300zxclub those guys know everything

·
SHIFT_amazing
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I know that that is a PVC hose, but i ment what is the metal thing is connects to. Here are some pictures of the 3 spots further out, i drew arrows to their locations. Also, my brother said after the kid "fixed" our car, he started it up and it ran a bit then he said all of sudden he thinks he hard a small thudd noise (but not sure) but it just died and coolent shot everywhere (didnt see it but smelt it and saw smoke from i guess it touchin the hot engine). Anywayz hopefully these pics help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts