Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 2000 Nissan Sentra GXE automatic

I was driving on the freeway last night at about 75mph and suddenly the car jerked and the rpm gauge went to zero yet the car still had power and was still strong. The RPMs were obviously still there since I could accelerate at my command.

In any case, I got home and immediately turned the car off and tried turning it back on to see if it would turn on. It didn't. It stayed off for a few minutes and then I disconnected the battery connector and reconnected it to try again and this time it turned on. I took the car for a spin and the Check engine light came on and the car shifted roughly from 2nd to 3rd but all other gears were smooth.

Now, note, there were HEAVY rains just a couple days ago and my trunk was filled with water some how...could that have to do w/ anything?

The car will not turn on right now and it's park and the battery is connected. I know there is power because the radio can be turned on and everything. All lights work, etc.

It just won't spark.

Any ideas, pros? Thank you!!

Ps: Not sure if this belongs here or not...?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
have you had all recalls done?

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
crank position sensor iirc. would cause the car to randomly die at some point, except, it definately would not turn back on.

call your local dealership. even if the warranty is up, this is one of those things they still have to honor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jasper said:
crank position sensor iirc. would cause the car to randomly die at some point, except, it definately would not turn back on.

call your local dealership. even if the warranty is up, this is one of those things they still have to honor.
So regardless of the warranty being in place or not, they have to look at it and fix it?

Will they do all the other recall fixes as well?

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
vbp6us said:
So regardless of the warranty being in place or not, they have to look at it and fix it?

Will they do all the other recall fixes as well?

they should?

call the dealership and give the service dept. your VIN number. ask if any of the recalls have been performed, and that the car recently died going down the road. unless i'm mistaken, they HAVE to honor all recalls. there might be one or two more recalls, im not sure though. ask them while you have them on the phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Took the car in today to get some of the recalls fixed. We'll see what happens tomorrow. :)

I think they may replace/fix the crank sensor. They said there was one more sensor they would be fixing but didn't name it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts