Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put a new boot on my cv joints. I will not buy new axles right now, it's just not going to happen. so how do i get the outer cv joint off? I've herd that you just beat it off with a hammer, but that dosn't really sound to healthy for the car.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

NOTE: I have searched the forum and all i found was "replace the whole axle." I really don't have the means for that right now and as the joints arn't bad yet I don't really care to replace them. I will hopefully have a whole new motor in a few months so I'll need new axles then anywho.

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
beat what off with a hammer? are you trying to get the cv out of the hub? the cv off the driveshaft? what are you talking about, man?!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no the joint from the axle. I already have the whole drive shaft sitting on my kitchen table with the outer boot off.

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
is it the inner that comes off easier than the outer? i can never remember... if so, take off the innner, the inner boot, and stretch/slide the new outer boot on (lube it good!), you'll want to lube both the CVs anyway, since ya got it out.

i don't get ya all, though... i just bought new reman driveshafts on ebay for, like $10 each. why the hell does everyone keep changing boots?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts