Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
I own a superb Nissan sentra B13 1991.All of a sudden after changing my head gaskit few problems started to show.here i am describing them:

I need to know about the fans, both my fans (radiator & ac) spins together is it the way it is suppose to or its not. Please let me know.

Also my car doesn't start easily i mean it starts after i start once it wont turn on then leave it for 10 minutes then when i start it'll start at once. Why?

After my car starts it doesn't stay still it starts knocking like anything which wasn't there before.Is it something to do with Distributor....

Please help guys....

Waiting for ur replies....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Which engine?

Where is your timing set?

Did you check all the vacuum lines?

What is your compression in each cylinder?

Did you clean and check your IACV?

Both fans do spin at the same time for the cooling system.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sooooo....

Where is your timing set? You need to check this with a timing light.

Did you count the links of chain between the cam gears / crank gear? How many links were between each?

·
Registered
92 Posts
your car isnt ganna start at once u have to turn the key all the way then leave it set a second.. it gives the fuel pump time to prime up... and that goes for almost any vehicle once u start it then turn it off they start quikly ...

as for the noise u hear its probly your timing chain.. the b13 has a problem for that with the tensioner pully wearing out... see if the noise comes from the passenger side of the engine bay and if so its more than likley the timing chain..

hope i helped

1 - 5 of 5 Posts