Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HERE IT GOES, I GOT A 92 SENTRA E WITH GA16DE OF COURSE, ONE DAY I TURNED ON THE CAR, BUT BEFORE THAT HAD'NT TURNED ON FOR LIKE 2 DAYS, AND NOW I HEAR THIS KNOCK THAT COMES ON AND OFF BY WHERE THE TIMING CHAIN IS AND WATER PUMP IS. ONCE THE CAR HAS BEEN RIDING FOR LIKE 45 MINUTES IT GOES AWAY. BUT ONCE STARTED AGAIN THE NOISE COMES ON.........
P.S. IT IS A THOCK THOCK THOCK NOISE

PLEASE HELP WHAT COULD IT BE
THANK YOU

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
unisonsentra said:
HERE IT GOES, I GOT A 92 SENTRA E WITH GA16DE OF COURSE, ONE DAY I TURNED ON THE CAR, BUT BEFORE THAT HAD'NT TURNED ON FOR LIKE 2 DAYS, AND NOW I HEAR THIS KNOCK THAT COMES ON AND OFF BY WHERE THE TIMING CHAIN IS AND WATER PUMP IS. ONCE THE CAR HAS BEEN RIDING FOR LIKE 45 MINUTES IT GOES AWAY. BUT ONCE STARTED AGAIN THE NOISE COMES ON.........
P.S. IT IS A THOCK THOCK THOCK NOISE

PLEASE HELP WHAT COULD IT BE
THANK YOU
1st things 1st. Typing in all caps signifies you are yelling...

Secondly it could be the timing chain tensioner, although if it goes away after a while I am not 100% on that.

Has the car ever been run low on oil, has the car been properly maintained?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey

wes said:
1st things 1st. Typing in all caps signifies you are yelling...

Secondly it could be the timing chain tensioner, although if it goes away after a while I am not 100% on that.

Has the car ever been run low on oil, has the car been properly maintained?

yeah i apologize, its just that i get fustrated at times, the car is maintained properly, and the car is kept up to date on oil and all that, i will check the tensioner.
thanks a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man

it was a darn alternator bolt one of the lower ones :) , thanks for hearing me out though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts