Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my battery died on my '88 300zx one day because the door wasn't shut properly and the interior lights stayed on all night and all day. That's when everything started going wrong...

I tried to jump start the car but crossed the terminals of the battery while trying to boost my car. :mad: It wasn't plugged in for a long time though... under ten seconds... the booster car was fine though...

I went and replaced the battery and when I opened the door there were no lights on. I started to worry that I damaged the vehicle's whole entire electrical system. Then I placed the key to ACC nothing turned on... no interior lights, no radio, and no door lights, but I could hear the engine priming. I got excited and started the car. And it started!!

But still nothing turned on inside... tried the headlights and it turned on but it didn't flip open. Then I revved the engine and everything turned on!!! Everything was functional, the radio, internal lights, digital dash, horn, etc...

When I turn the car off to ACC everything turns off again and there's absolutely no power as if the battery has been disconnected... but I can start the car and rev the engine a bit and everything turns on and I can drive it just fine.... and again when I turn my car off, it seems like the battery gets disconnected and there's no power to the vehicle at all...

So my question is what's wrong and why is it doing this?

· Registered
98 Posts
Check all of your fuses (for this one MUST use a test light just looking at it isn't going to be good enough) you probably have one that is almost blown but when you rev it up it arcs over it and works anyway i had one do me a similar thing. when nothing works turn the key to ACC and start checking keep in mind not all of the fuses should be hot in ACC but if you find one that has power on one side but not the other it is bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.