Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi if anyone could help me out it be much appreciated. I have a 2006 Nissan pathfinder high mileage i have an eps light on and skid light on in dash. Last week I was driving and the 4wd drive light came on and abs light, when I put this into 4wd and drove a 100 yards it went off again. That was grand until I landed home I checked under the body of it and noticed the back tyres were worn on the inside with the wire exposed. I took it to the garage replaced the two tyres. When I was driving home the breaks started grinding. They said to me in garage that it might not be a camber issue but a mechanical one. I'm not mechanical minded so any help would be appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,272 Posts
Well....
I hsd an IS300, wore rear tires like this. had alignment checked multiple times. made steel bar that I bolted to hub to pull and push, could not find movement.
My son then owned it for granddaughter (its got 10 airbags was claim to fame)
He found the rear suspension adjuster was stripped and moved around. Sold as 6 cyl donor for a toyota 86 subaru sports job,

So back to your problem, I think the mechanic is trying to tell you something like bushings, brackets, adjusters are worn or defective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well....
I hsd an IS300, wore rear tires like this. had alignment checked multiple times. made steel bar that I bolted to hub to pull and push, could not find movement.
Me son then owned it for granddaughter (its got 10 airbags was claim to fame)
He found the rear suspension adjuster was stripped and moved around. Sold as 6 cyl donor for a toyota 86 subaru sports job,

So back to your problem, I think the mechanic is trying to tell you something like bushings, brackets, adjusters are worn or defective.
Thank you so much for your help and advice much appreciated

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,036 Posts
Well, if one of the wheel bearing hubs had a bad bearing, it would create metal shavings that would stick to the ABS wheel speed sensor, which would cause ABS and 4WD warning lights to come on. If you were able to have a shop or dealer with a capable scan tool check for "C-codes," it might give an indication as to what sensor is triggering the codes and warning lights.

·
Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
108 Posts
You need to place the vehicle on a HUNTER(only) wheel alignment machine and the machine calibration will tell you what you need to replace to correct unalign wheels. It will require the data input information of the year, make, model vehicle you are working on. Go HUNTER the first in alignment aquasion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts