Nissan Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
your car's in Safe Mode...
your Nissan has a Safe Mode just like any computer.

it needs to be reset, with like Rogo said.. a funtioning TPS or MAF.... or CPS.
if you just reset the computer with a still bad sensor, then the computer will automatically go back to the Safe Mode. and not allow you to over-rev a disabled engine.

fix the sensor (and adjacent components) and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
OK, just for an update....I replaced the TPS with a new unit. The 43 code for the TPS is now gone and the truck does not go into limp mode any more. Now I still have the 23 and 24 codes.

The truck still burns very rich at idle and the idle is slightly rough. I have checked for vacuum leaks and also measured vacuum at idle. Vacuum was right around 15 at idle, but very shaky. Also, I did verify that both coils are firing and appear to be very strong.

Last but not least, does anyone have a schematic for the vacuum lines? I am not 100% sure all of them are on correct.

TIA

Lloyd

·
Hardbody Freak
2,683 Posts
read the codes one more time ..
but right after you read the codes hit the gas pedal once and the re read the codes

record what you get .

then put you foot on the clutch and move the shifter thru 1 and second and the reread the codes again ..

record what you get..

i think that will get rid of at least one of those codes..

find the vacumn line that goes to the fuel pressure regualtor and verify that it gets it vacumn source straight from the manifold..

it is also time to verfy your timing..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
OK, Thanks Zanegrey! I will give that a try. I plan to work on it some tomorrow and checking the timing was one of the things on the list along with checking the brakes to see what is seized up and not working. LOL. Now that I almost have it roadworthy enough to take it for a test drive, I would like to be able to stop it :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
lol, i've done that before..

spent a good week straight puttin a car together and didn't bother to check the brake before i ran it..

was a helluva ride.

had to pull a 90* stop! lol.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.