Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
might need another throttle body. sensors can be replaced but.. yeah.. anyone got that?

you said you cleaned the MAF... how? you clean the TPS?

·
Registered
430 Posts
The ECU will prevent the engine from revving higher than 2750 RPM's if either the MAF or the TPS is not functioning properly.

Have you reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and then rechecked the codes?
your car's in Safe Mode...
your Nissan has a Safe Mode just like any computer.

it needs to be reset, with like Rogo said.. a funtioning TPS or MAF.... or CPS.

sure there's some other sensors that can cause a car to do this too. but basically since there's no tuning in the part of the engine via the *detached or broken* sensor.. the computer does not allow you to go above 2700rpms mainly so you don't destroy the engine.

i get that right? ecu just needs to be reset after you replace the part... right?

·
Registered
430 Posts
your car's in Safe Mode...
your Nissan has a Safe Mode just like any computer.

it needs to be reset, with like Rogo said.. a funtioning TPS or MAF.... or CPS.
if you just reset the computer with a still bad sensor, then the computer will automatically go back to the Safe Mode. and not allow you to over-rev a disabled engine.

fix the sensor (and adjacent components) and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
430 Posts
lol, i've done that before..

spent a good week straight puttin a car together and didn't bother to check the brake before i ran it..

was a helluva ride.

had to pull a 90* stop! lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.