Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a 2004 Nissan sentra. Automatic tranny, 1.8 L, not Spec-v or anything like that, beige or "champagne" in color, bone stock engine. I have always been interested in cars and espeically ones that have been modified. I never really had the drive to Mod my nissan, but after wathing my best friend Mod his Hyundai Elantra (and yes, before you say "pfft, Hyundai" you have to realize that this car is a beast, very quick, nice sound, and doesnt even look like a hyundai) I really want to do this. Its going to be a slow process because my disposable income is quite low at the moment, but Im going to get in done. Here’s what I plan to do with it.

Definite Mods:
- Window Tinting to full extent of state law
- Smoke films for front and rear lights
- fog light kit (sick of the stupid grey good for nothing holes in my bumper)
- cold air or short ram intake (cant decide which yet)
- rims

Possible Mods:
- Lowering spring kit
- mesh grill
- de-emblem
- new headers
- exhaust (problem with this is that I have an auto tranny and it would probably sound dumb. I want a deep loud sound, not a stupid motorcycle sounding rice cannon)

That’s all I can think of at the moment. But if any of you know where online I can get cheap yet reliable parts, opinions, comments or suggestions please let me know. ALSO! I really want instrument gauge inserts. I cant find them for the regular 04, I can only find them for the Spec-V...I dont know if they’re the same or not, but if you know where I can find some PLEASE let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
true, suspension 1st then match the wheel to it! so you want have any rubber rubbing on the body! upgrades? why wont you go with sr20ve? that is quiet the best and rare too... check b15sentra.net for more details

·
Registered
5 Posts
04 Sentra 1.8L. Good suspension is not cheap, be ready to spend a G or 2 to purchase and install if you dont know how. Wheels give a car personality. Tires will be more expensive the bigger the wheel so do some research on tire prices in order to pick the wheel that best fits your budget. Low profile tires are not cheap and tend to loose tread alot quicker than normal tires (all depending on driving habits) tires need to be replaced about every 2 to 3 years. Intakes generally increase gas mileage. Not a bad idea. Make sure before purchasing intake that it doesnt leave any hoses or sensors out. Stock vehicles can be resold for more money apposed to modified vehicles. Modifying vehicles is not an investment, it devalues the vehicle. In the end it is the driver who benefits from their hard work and effort of modifying their vehicles. So do to your vehicle what YOU would like and only what you like because you are the person driving that car and no one else, If it makes you happy and you enjoy it . getrdone

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you want 'cheap' parts check Ebay... but you get what you pay for. Anything performance wise I'd get from a real company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts