Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im just about to get a 91-93, and I know Im going to keep the Ka (mostly because I live in Cali). I have a few plans, so I wanted to throw them down, and get some feedback

Im keeping the ka24de, and turboing. Im going to rebuild, with forged internals, lower compression ration, ect.

Im going to lighten the flywheel, upgrade the clutch, lighten and strengthen the driveshaft, and get an LSD.

I want to upgrade the brakes, either all new or 300zx swap (still seeking info on this one)

Id like bigger rear tires (dont know much about this one either)

Im thinking coilovers, front swaybar, both tower to tower bars, and passibly a b-piller bar,

remove the rear seats and all pannels, custom molded fiberglass box (for to 15's) where rear seats were, save trunk space, mold all pannels, (including dash) in fiberglass, (colored to match) racing seats, remove spare, relocate battery to trunk, carbon fiber hood

Also, I like some of the headlight conversion kits out there. the ones that convert from popup, to like the new vette. I think those can look cool.

The body of the 91-93 is perfict in my eyes, all it needs is a
little lowering, and some tint

Anyway, shoot me some thoughts... Gimme some opinions

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
Why strengthen the driveshaft? Its rather meaty and is more than strong enough for any power you get out of an NA KA.

Brakes are a good idea. Get a 300zx master cylinder at the same time.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Joel said:
Why strengthen the driveshaft? Its rather meaty and is more than strong enough for any power you get out of an NA KA.

Brakes are a good idea. Get a 300zx master cylinder at the same time.
300ZX brakes (front only) weigh 63 pounds. Yikes.
The driveshaft is heavy as crap though. If you're going to make your S13 lose some weight, a carbon driveshaft might be a good investment.
How do you plan to lighten the flywheel?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bridrive55 said:
300ZX brakes (front only) weigh 63 pounds. Yikes.
The driveshaft is heavy as crap though. If you're going to make your S13 lose some weight, a carbon driveshaft might be a good investment.
How do you plan to lighten the flywheel?
They sell them lightened online, both flywheels and driveshafts
It wont be na. I said I was making a ka24det.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts