Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anywone know if Place Racing is still in business. I am interested in a set of motor mounts for my 98 200sx ser. The number I have is disconnected:

626 334-3345

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
they are dead :(

the GB was for CAI's not motor mounts, but you may be able to get some through the GB guy.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Energy Suspension makes inserts also (i have them and love them)

unless you're strictly looking for something solid

·
Registered
34 Posts
get 3m window adhesive and fill the mounts and call it a day. i did it in my alti and ima do it on my s13 when i get my sr.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^ your joking. please tell me your joking.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
yeah, just put 3M scotch tape on the intercooler piping too

you dont really need those silicone connectors

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
1.6pete said:
^ your joking. please tell me your joking.
Radioaktiv said:
yeah, just put 3M scotch tape on the intercooler piping too

you dont really need those silicone connectors
No he isn't joking. 3M window adhesive has the durability and the right density to serve as a replacement for polyurethene. It's been tried and tested on a number of cars, and it works fairly well. If you wanted to be a little more thorough, you can fill the mounts with two-part polyurethene (actually a more flexible option than inserts or polyurethane mounts because you have control over what density you're using).

The biggest disadvantage to filling the mounts is that it's hard to undo. You can't pull the adhesive or pour-in polyurethene out like you can with ES inserts. If you don't like it, you're going to have to carve out the adhesive/polyurethene or get a new mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts