Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this intake but havent installed it yet. I read that it is not recommended to install the lower cold-air part unless racing in dry weather. I hardly ever go a track and i wondered how much of a risk it would be to just leave it in there. I know a guy with a celica gts and he has an AEM cold air that is the same design of the place racing. he never takes his off, and drives in rain, etc. Anybody who has this intake? Do you all only use the top part??

·
Banned
809 Posts
dont worry.. just dont park in a puddle, and rev up.. lol.. as long as the front of yoru car isnt submerged in water, and you are at 7000rpms. see, a BPV is liek a sub filter, so if there is water completly covering the filter, it has tos uck in through the bPV, and it cancels the CAI, but, if there is rain, i'm going to make a custom heat shield/ram air/water blocking kinda thing.... but, i am INjen, not Place racing.. but its the same concept.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have the place racing cai and when i first got it i had the same questions...everone told me it would be fine, just dont drive through deep puddles

so i've been driving in the rain, and it rains a lot here...i've had no problems...if i see a puddle thats deeper than my bumber, i find a way around it or turn around

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot, i have similar responses from people ive talked to in person:D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
people make cold air intakes seem so difficult do deal with, but in reality they are not that bad at all, as long as like mentioned above, u dont go through deep puddles....and driving in the rain is pretty fine, unless for example there is heavy rain and the rain bounces off the floor and hits the filter, after a while the filter is gonna be soaking wet since its so close to the floor, and since the intake is sucking in.....little bits of drops of water are bound to get in to the engine(but this would take a hella long time for it to cause any kind of damage, and it would have to be pouring rain)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts