Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a little bit of trouble with my P.R. CAI installation. It seems that it doesnt all want to fit in like it should. I was wondering what that AMB sensor is for and if it would be ok to not plug that in because i cannot get the pipe up far enough where it will plug in without messing everything else up. Also i was wondering if it would be ok to replace all of the hoses that attach to the intake with silicone hoses because the stock hoses do not want to fit. Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and PLEASE dont tell me to be patient and keep trying because i worked on it all day yesterday until about 1 AM. thanks.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Be patient and keep trying.. :thumbup:

Anyway the stock hoses usually have to be trimmed, the better idea as you suggested is to replace them.

Tell us what is not fitting, there are two pipes... And are you starting at the throttle body and working your way down? Don't tighten everything up until you have it all put in, that way you can tweak it as necessary.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pipe that the filter connects to will not stay up far enough for the AMB sensor to plug in. when it does come up far enough, then it will not connect to the MAF adapter. Also, the stock hoses are too short. Will it hurt anything if i do not plug in the AMB sensor? I got too frustrated last night and left it with the warm air setup but i really want to get the cold air setup on and have it work right. its frustrating when you cant get things to work right. :balls:

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
The pipe that the filter connects to will not stay up far enough for the AMB sensor to plug in. when it does come up far enough, then it will not connect to the MAF adapter. Also, the stock hoses are too short. Will it hurt anything if i do not plug in the AMB sensor? I got too frustrated last night and left it with the warm air setup but i really want to get the cold air setup on and have it work right. its frustrating when you cant get things to work right. :balls:
Is there a hole for the sensor, and I am assuming this is the intake air temp sensor? If so then you don't have to plug it in you can just put it near the filter, but if there is a hole for that sensor you have to plug it or you will be sucking in un-filtered air...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wes said:
Is there a hole for the sensor, and I am assuming this is the intake air temp sensor? If so then you don't have to plug it in you can just put it near the filter, but if there is a hole for that sensor you have to plug it or you will be sucking in un-filtered air...
do what now?...sorry lol

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
On our aftermarket CAI's there is usually a hole for the air temp sensor to plug into... if you did not plug the air temperature sensor into this hole, then air that has not been passing through the filter will suck in.. this means you'll have unwanted particles that will get into your engine.. not good.

When you removed your stock airbox, there should have been a sensor (the air temp sensor) that plugged into the big chunky airbox. I'm assuming you have removed that airbox, and in doing so, you should have probably taken that sensor out too. That sensor needs to go into the CAI at some point, and there is usually a hole that it plugs into. On some models, it's just a single hole, on others, it's a center hole with two smaller ones on either side of it. Hopefully this helps a little?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts