Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've been up to my neck in repairs on my 89 Hardbody. I'm finally finding the light at the end of a long tunnel, and have a couple of "wannado" projects lined up for it. I've had a triple gauge set occupying a drawer in my shop for quite a while, and I've decided that I want to install it in my truck. It originally came with oil pressure, temp and voltage. Since I already have working temp and voltage gauges, I swapped out the volt meter for an ammeter, and have set that one aside for an upcoming redneck solar project. As for the extra temp gauge, since my factory temp gauge works fine, I've decided that I want to plumb that one into the tranny. My truck is an automatic. Any suggestions on a good place to hook a sensor up? TIA

For those who are curious. I've had the timing belt changed, water pump, thermostat, all related gaskets, camshaft seals, front oil seal, all hoses, and the radiator fan. Things that I've done myself are replacing wiper motor, brake master cylinder, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, had fuel system cleanout performed, and replaced A/C compressor and dryer, replaced both headlights due to water in housings, as well as converted to R134A refrigerant. All that is left is to perform stop leak treatment to fix heater core, and pull tranny for rear main seal replacement. I'll be doing front pump seal as well on the tranny. I have a pan gasket leak as well, but that'll be addressed with the fluid and filter swap that will be part of addressing rear main. Oh yeah, I found a couple of crumbling vacuum lines as well.

So much for low mileage. :eek:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts