Nissan Forum banner

Pinging noise, Smoke coming out of the exhaust

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ArtNismo 
#1 ·
Its all started about 1 1/2 months ago. I was on my way home froma car parts store where i add a quarts of oil into my engine, and before that filled up my gas tank at a Shell gas station. Not even 2 minutes after i left the store i notices there was a pinging noises coming from the engine block. I look into my rear view mirror and notice there was $hit loads of smoke coming out of the exhaust. The thing is its dosen't do it all the time. More like every 20 some miles. I've checked under the hood and there's no signs of an oil leaks or, blown valves cover.

Later, i changed the sparks plug and gave it some into injector cleaning liquid into the gas tank. Earlier on today i took for a short drive and there it was again. But this time it wasn't as bad as before the tune up. More like a small but noticeable smoke trail. I don't know whats wrong with and i don't want to take to a car shop. I rather just fixed by myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.