Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pics of their stock double din cd player from a 98-99 sentra with it being all lit up? I want to see what the display is like. Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
the display is green with digital watch like numbers and what not.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok.. well.. anyone got that radio and a digicam?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry. Got rid of mine shortly after I got my car. But also, the '99-'01 Altima uses the same stereo if you can find somebody with that. My mom had an '00 Altima GXE with the same double DIN stereo as my '99 Sentra SE-L.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
im pretty sure double din's were used 99 and later, my girlfriends 98 has a single din...so yeah.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
any reason why this isn't in the audio section? just wondering......

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Tavel said:
im pretty sure double din's were used 99 and later, my girlfriends 98 has a single din...so yeah.
the double DIN radio came with the "LE" pakage i belive.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chimmike said:
any reason why this isn't in the audio section? just wondering......
Lack of thinking on my part.

I just won the radio that was posted in this thread.. exact same one.. for 12.50 :) Figured it's cheap enoug.. why not :) how do they sound? do they play cd-r's good?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
for stock i was quite happy with the sound (just wanted pre outs for my sub) and unlike my damned alpine it never skiped! ever! not once. it was great. but alas.........i settled for slightly better sound and pretty looks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1.6pete said:
for stock i was quite happy with the sound (just wanted pre outs for my sub) and unlike my damned alpine it never skiped! ever! not once. it was great. but alas.........i settled for slightly better sound and pretty looks.
I'm still gonna have my subs hooed up... just gonna use the high input on my amp. I got a clarion deck in it right now... but it won't accept cd's anymore.. plus i don't like the way it looks in the car. Can't use the trim ring. Figured the stock radio would look better as it is made to be there. My car came with an alpine in it.. but i took it out for the clarion.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
B14 Bomber said:
You can use the trim ring on your deck, just takes a little shaving with a razor or a dremel.
yeah.. but then it looks unprofessional... and hurts if i was to sell it.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
youl be pretty happy with the radio. i know i was quite impressed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It actually doesn't look bad, you have to shave in small increments so you get a good fit, and if you go to sell the car, just put in a cheap deck. Think Wal-mart :rolleyes:

·
Registered
175 Posts
My 98 200 sx SE came w/ that exact radio. So it was being used before '99, I know someone had posted that they didn't start using them till '99, but I definently have one, and its a nice set-up for a stock cd player, I have no intentions of taking it out to put in another one. Just my 2 Cents.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
1.6pete said:
my alpine almost never skips, just on big bumps. i got my alpine for the looks, thought i'd add a little bling to my first car (91 stanza w/ giant hole in dash)...but i really like it. the controls are very intuitive, and the advanced function controls(like setting clock) are easy to remember and do whilst driving. alpine definitly has a good desighn team.

but for my girlfriends car doesn't have the stock deck anymore(i can tell its stock single din though, no cutout for double din)...the cd player is getting really fidgity. skips a lot, doesn't like to read cds very much anymore, eject button exploded. im gonna replace it with a pioneer methinks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah my 99 sentra came with one, its made by clarion. It plays cd's well, its radio reception is really good(better than my sony xplod), and it doesnt skip much. Unlike my new sony xplod, it doesnt play cd-rws, doesnt have sound filters, doesnt have sub outputs, isnt as loud, looks cheap. the only time its skipped though is when i hit a bump going 120 and it skipped for like 30 seconds

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^ you wernt going 120.

but like i said, if it had more control on the treble and bass, i would have kept it and bought an amp for my speakers instead.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1.6pete said:
^ you wernt going 120.

but like i said, if it had more control on the treble and bass, i would have kept it and bought an amp for my speakers instead.
I got a Clarion Crossover.. just gotta see if it has a high input. I know that my amps do. either way.. i really won't have any room to complain about it.. i only paid 12.50 for it..lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts