Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nice Car,

I like how you did opposite of what everyone else did with the painting of your interior. Looks NICE.

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
lookin good :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey to paint the bezel, do you have to take out the cluster?? Did you sand the peices down? what grade? and did you use clearcoat?

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Hey to paint the bezel, do you have to take out the cluster?? Did you sand the peices down? what grade? and did you use clearcoat?
Take it out. Sand, sand, and sand....you need it as smooth as possible for the best finish. I used vinyl paint that I picked up at a local auto parts store. Lots of thin coats and sanding in between. Finished w/ 2 layers of clearcoat. I used 220 at the beginning to get rid of all the fake leather texture, 800 on the paint, and 1000 on the clearcoat. It's really easy to do, it just takes a long time and a lot of patience.

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey dude, how did you do your tailights. theres a lot of myths going around about how people do them the most effectively but yours look super sick.if you'd pm me with instructions that would be hella tight. thanks later

·
Tampa SR20
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NismoB14 said:
hey dude, how did you do your tailights. theres a lot of myths going around about how people do them the most effectively but yours look super sick.if you'd pm me with instructions that would be hella tight. thanks later
Nismo...check your pm

·
Tampa SR20
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zeno said:
Take it out. Sand, sand, and sand....you need it as smooth as possible for the best finish. I used vinyl paint that I picked up at a local auto parts store. Lots of thin coats and sanding in between. Finished w/ 2 layers of clearcoat. I used 220 at the beginning to get rid of all the fake leather texture, 800 on the paint, and 1000 on the clearcoat. It's really easy to do, it just takes a long time and a lot of patience.
Like Zeno said...lots of sanding and lots of paint and clearcoat...thin layers

·
Registered
373 Posts
great, thanks for the details. I picked up some paint today. 9double8 I was wondering about the bezel that goes over the cluster(speedometer) the part you painted underneath the clear glass sheild, can you remove this without taking out the whole cluster? If so was it a pain?

·
Tampa SR20
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no you don't need to take the whole cluster out. when you remove the shield around the cluster (the big black plastic thing) you will see 2 phillip head screws on the lower left and lower right..unscrew those 2. The hold the bezel and the cluster together. you might have to wiggle and giggle to get it off. i have had mine off so many times it is easy but sometimes sticks.
then once you have that off you need to seperate the plastic sheild from the bezel. this can be tricky. i did put a small crack in mine. you will see 5 or 6 tabs. push those down and out. you will see what i am talking about when you get it off. that will seperate the 2...then sand and paint away..hope this helps

1 - 20 of 29 Posts