Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just want to share my weekend work on my engine.
Painted it and cleaned it a bit. Waiting for silicone hoses to dress it some more.

·
Registered
292 Posts
hey man thats lookin pretty sweet!

hey about your intake adapter on the TB .... how the hell did you get it to stay on the .00 no lip lol ..... i can make a adapter plate for mine.. i was just wondering how you got that to stay.

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dropped89, I guess you are asking how I manage to attach the ABS adaptor to the TB, well I use the same bolt and wingnut that used to hold the old airbox.

I used a spraypaint called Metalcast, made by DupliColor. Basically it will look like anodized not just flat paint. I used engine enamel for my manifold cover. Every hose is original since I bought the car back in 1989. I just cleaned them.

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some kind of degreaser, I bought from the local hardware store. I also have a compressor at home and I connect a spraygun(for engine wash) to it, so I can blast with the degreaser all those stubborn grime that was stuck. Oh yeah toothbrush for those hard to reach areas. I remove the valve cover coz I changed the gasket. It was much easier to paint the cover when it is of the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts