Nissan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Came across this car earlier today. I thought it was quite unique to say the least. So many TK options such as, floor mats, shifter handle, airbox, emblems (on the body and beside the VIN), steering wheel, instrument cluster, manual boost valve, strut brace, front/back/side ground valences and valve/rocker cover. What do you think? It's an 1992 so I can't export it to Canada. I want to grab it real bad, but I can't have it sitting on my lot that long.

It's strange that this vehicle has both EBC and a manual boost controller. I know that the purpose of the manual boost controller is to create
a "controlled leak" in the feedback line to the wastegate. This effectively "tricks" the wastegate actuator into sensing a lower pressure than actually exists, but why. Anyways, it adds that 90's racey image that we all have come to drool over :)

Any takers?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
:jawdrop: thats a pretty rare and $$$$$$$$$ car from what i understand.....im very angry the interior was painted though.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
the painted interior just kills it for me. I thought the TK editions were all GTR's? not GTS-T's

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Nismo14-180 said:
the painted interior just kills it for me. I thought the TK editions were all GTR's? not GTS-T's
ditto, i call :BS: for some reason i dont think it is 100% real. maybe rebadged to mimik a TK?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Hood looks like crap.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I understand the original owner (1 owner car) asked TK to do the Interior upgrade, why I have no idea, but hey, to each there own. The car is the M20 model, hense the version GTS-Type M. I'm currently waiting from a response from TK with a document that will bring the vehicles truth. Im sure no one would actually put a TK badge on such a car. If it is true, I will be purchacing this car immediately. Some of you speak that this car would bring $$$$$, so now that you mentioned it, how much would it be worth? From my years of being a auto technician, I believe this car is in tip top condition and it shows through the pictures to say the least. I have short vids of the car at the moment, but I haven't uploaded them yet. Will be shortly.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i cant give you numbers, but from all i have read it is quit rare and a prized catch. if you can revert that terible interior back to stock you could have a winner. it is either A. the real deal and the last owner just had no idea what it was or had terrible tastes. or B. someone did a hell of a job gathering all the details of the TK skyline then messed it up with the blue and white.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
im really thinking its a real TK, theres just too much attention to detail, and no one would ever be able to recreate all of that, its sexy, but first thing is to change the hood to the one with the seperate grille.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i can handle the hood but this is so out of place!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got off the phone with PTI industries in Osaka, and the car is now under investigation. They told me that these cars came with the special ordered interior package as pictured above. This is indeed the happy time for me if all goes through well. I would change the hood too by the way.

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
By the TK M20 plaque it is the real thing and it is confirmed by all the little engine, exterior, and interior pieces because I think it would take a healthy chunk of change to add all of those to a regular GTS-t.
Those had a tuned ECU which would definitely confirm that it was a Tommy Kaira M20 and was good for 220 ps

Troy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just received an email from PTI (Tommy Kaira brother agency). This car in fact the real deal. I wasn't aware of this, but it does have an upgraded ECU. Which one, which tune, I'll be informed shortly. N

Now the plan is to sell this monster.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
you could be rollin in the dough soon. dont sell it to some johny knows nothing. take that thing to a collector, buyer in the states, someone who knows what its worth. just sit on it for awile and you could really get somthing out of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1.6pete said:
you could be rollin in the dough soon. dont sell it to some johny knows nothing. take that thing to a collector, buyer in the states, someone who knows what its worth. just sit on it for awile and you could really get somthing out of it.
I was real excited for awhile until;

Can't go to Canada 15 year rule
Can't go to AUS new laws governing modified cars
Can't go to NW Z, too old.

So is this car accepted in the states? God knows I can send it there very easily.

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts