Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this website in particular, however I recently purchased my first brand new car and it is a 2021 Nissan Sentra SV. I bought it on August 7th, 2021 with only 12 miles on the clock, originally 9 when I first took a look at it on the dealership lot.

So far, with my experience 3000 miles later I have to say that this vehicle has not giving me a check engine light warning, but I am experiencing some squealing noises at every turn on the road which is expected for any vehicle. Having myself driven from an Explorer to a Ford Fusion and Ford Focus, this car feels very spacious among it's class. However, I was very skeptical of purchasing a Nissan product because I had test driven a 2018 Nissan Versa Note & I did not like how the interior quality felt, neither did I like the equipment features it had.

Complaints:
-At 500 miles, I blew my front passenger door speaker from playing music within the range of between 30-40%
-SV trim is lacking fog lights, but does have support for upgradability
-The S & the SV trim use Halogen lights, but I immediately LED swapped mine

What I love about the Sentra:
It is very low to the ground, handles the road smooth & it has it's own independent rear suspension.
With only about 150hp stock, there's about just about enough get up & go power to avoid collisions & other vehicles. The lane departure, lane keep assist, and the blind spot monitoring are also lifesaving features included with the vehicle.
Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car
Car Vehicle Tire Grille Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Auto part
Car Mirror Vehicle White Light
Speedometer Car Vehicle Tachometer Gauge
Vehicle Car Gauge Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,194 Posts
Welcome to NissanForums! We have several very knowledgeable members here on the forum who can help you with possible problems or just questions in general. Good to know that you enjoy your ride. Here's a tip - If the tranny in your car is a CVT, then change the fluid every 30,000 miles or less no matter if you've been told not to change it at all. To enhance longevity, the CVT fluid should always be replaced every 30,000 mi. When the fluid stays in too long, the chemical properties of the fluid get compromised and it can no longer provide that cushion that's so needed between the steel belt and the cones. The fluid has two great enemies, and temperature is only one of them. The other is shearing force generated by normal operation of the belt, which increases on hills or with a load. This gradually breaks down and shortens the long-chain molecules that cushion the belt.
Enjoy your stay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts