Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright as most of you know the pga buick invinational is starting this week. Well for most golfers in it it started today. So i was fortunate enough to get scheduled as a security gaurd. I am used to working charger games and stuff but this crowd was just whiny and impaient and mean. and they were not even drunk. Everybody acts like they belong everwhere on course including the restricted areas. If you are a top golfer you don't have to wear your security badge. WHich is horrible because I don't follow golf. And couldn't even recognize tiger woods until he was pointed out for me. Then some short guy with crazy eyebrowls who acted like a top golfer was a little pissed off after I asked him for his badge. And I got called "Mate" a bunch of times. WTF I AIN"T you MATE *****!

But seroiusly who here likes golf and why? I don't understand what is so great about the sport.

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
I hate watching it. I sucked so bad at playing it that I just stick to the driving range now. Maybe if I get rid of my 90 angle straight up slice I'll start playing again.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I always knew Golf wasnt a sport. Thats why its not in the sports section...

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
it is definitly a white thing;)

jk..

i like golf and im not half bad, but i wont watch it..

·
Doug "The Shoe"
852 Posts
Don't watch it. Don't play it. Waste of space IMO.

As George Carlin said, let golfers play miniature golf. Let them fuck with a windmill for half an hour.

I view it as a rich man's relaxation method. Bunch of pansies they are, too. I don't see the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders holding up "Quiet!" signs during a whole football game to allow the defence to "concentrate".

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I love to golf. I started playing after I couldnt play any contact sports per/ doctors orders. Its a long story maybe another time.
I dont really follow it to much on T.V. though. I have also been playing online golf for about 6 years.

·
Avtomat Kalashnikov
1,741 Posts
Yeah, I only stick to the driving range...

I dont know the who's who of Golf and I don't care
I only know Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods

Miniature Golf is the bomb compared to real golf...why?
It takes practice to get your ball go around the loop the loop and the damn windmill that blocks the balls :thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exalta said:
Yeah, I only stick to the driving range...

I dont know the who's who of Golf and I don't care
I only know Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods

Miniature Golf is the bomb compared to real golf...why?
It takes practice to get your ball go around the loop the loop and the damn windmill that blocks the balls :thumbup:
Yeah minature golf seems like you would get the rewards of skill much sooner. and more entertaining. While it isn't a white thing it is more of a rich person thing.

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
muchachomaloo said:
Yeah minature golf seems like you would get the rewards of skill much sooner. and more entertaining. While it isn't a white thing it is more of a rich person thing.

Give me a break. Thats like saying that basketball is a ghetto thing.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
Marvin said:
X2.......

I am not rich and i play golf... hell Ice Hockey is a lot more expensive then golf... and i play that too

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Marvin said:
I didn't see any basketball courts in the country club. And it is true. United states isn't as much racist as it is classist. And majority of the car that were in the parking lot were lexus, mercedes, an austin martin vantage, range rovers with TIS rims. Golf is more of an upper class thing. with middle class people getting in the mix. It doesn't nessicarily have to do with how much it costs to play but the type of game it is. IT caters towards older people or people who have injured themselves so they can't play a more physical game. The pros are mostly young and the ametuers are an older crowd.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
muchachomaloo said:
I didn't see any basketball courts in the country club. And it is true. United states isn't as much racist as it is classist. And majority of the car that were in the parking lot were lexus, mercedes, an austin martin vantage, range rovers with TIS rims. Golf is more of an upper class thing. with middle class people getting in the mix. It doesn't nessicarily have to do with how much it costs to play but the type of game it is. IT caters towards older people or people who have injured themselves so they can't play a more physical game. The pros are mostly young and the ametuers are an older crowd.
i agree that it does have some rich people playin, but what sport does'nt have those rich kids... but its really all based in where you live.. A golf course can't really be inside a city, so they have to go out to suburbie to set up shop. i live in one of the richer counties in the US and we have lots of golf courses, but poor people play too if there are course around. Its a pretty relaxing sport to play, so that is why you have an older group and its slow enough to be able to conduct business. it is a corporate game for that reason. You can talk, get outside and have some fun all at the same time.

Secondly we shouldn't talk about whining, because we all know football and basketball players cry more than any golf fan.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
psuLemonn said:
i agree that it does have some rich people playin, but what sport does'nt have those rich kids... but its really all based in where you live.. A golf course can't really be inside a city, so they have to go out to suburbie to set up shop. i live in one of the richer counties in the US and we have lots of golf courses, but poor people play too if there are course around. Its a pretty relaxing sport to play, so that is why you have an older group and its slow enough to be able to conduct business. it is a corporate game for that reason. You can talk, get outside and have some fun all at the same time.

Secondly we shouldn't talk about whining, because we all know football and basketball players cry more than any golf fan.
No I am not talking about golf fans but golf players whine just as much. Maybe more because there isn't a definate way to identify them. If you see a football player wearing a football uniform then you know he is a pro but if you see a guy wearing golf close you don't know he is a pro. That is my only gripe with the sport.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
muchachomaloo said:
No I am not talking about golf fans but golf players whine just as much. Maybe more because there isn't a definate way to identify them. If you see a football player wearing a football uniform then you know he is a pro but if you see a guy wearing golf close you don't know he is a pro. That is my only gripe with the sport.
i would think the golf shoes and clubs/caddy would give it away... And maybe you should learn your golfers if you do stuff at their events. hell it is part of your job.

And Football players are a lot more whiney.. All i have to say is TO....

·
Banned
408 Posts
Well I'm not sure about your courses but here at the golf coarse I live on the membership is over $1000 A MONTH. Now I dont know how poor people are going to be able to afford to play there. We are middle class and defiantely cant afford that. Most of the other courses arent mich cheaper either. The one that lower calss people could afford to play on has shitty grass and floods ever other day. :loser:

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
^yes, there are private clubs that cost money, but i play golf at the public clubs for like 25-30 a round... so there are good public courses..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts