Metal > Rap
668 Posts
well at least we know its possible now

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Nismo14-180 said:
well at least we know its possible now
Anything's possible! I've seen the infamous blue 280Z with twin turbo 4.5 liter V8 swap. Woof.

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
bridrive55 said:
Anything's possible! I've seen the infamous blue 280Z with twin turbo 4.5 liter V8 swap. Woof.
I'm more than convinced that Silvia would look awesome with a nice functional hoodscoop, what a beast...Too Bad he's only Dyno'd for 230WHP though...:S

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
Nismo14-180 said:
I wonder how it would handle?
Well he said it had a 60/40 weight ratio...the 240's have 50/50 weight ratio stock I believe so not too much differently.
It would definitely cut into the corner's harder.
Not too much worse considering pretty much double the weight of an engine...

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our dynos read a lot less than the US ones. You are all also forgetting the torque of that engine. Apparently it sounds awesome

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Joel said:
Our dynos read a lot less than the US ones. You are all also forgetting the torque of that engine. Apparently it sounds awesome
Your dynos read the same. The HP measure is not the same. The discrepency isn't that large, though. That engine does have awesome torque though. A V8 would sound badass in a 240SX. I was telling my friend Kyle about my engine swap plans, and he told me that he would give me his Ford 429 for free if I could fit in my 240SX. That's 490lb/ft of torque...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts