Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I am currently looking at a 2006 x-trail LE for my next car. I have done some pretty extensive research and bang for the buck, it's hard to beat the x-trail for features and utility. The one thing that I would like to have on the car is a slightly bigger set of tires with a higher side wall. I am in Hamilton Ont, and quite frankly our roads suck. During the winter we have pot holes you could lose a Yaris in. I almost lost another rim yesterday to a nasty one. So my question is this...

Can I fit a set of 235/70/17's onto the x-trail to replace the 215/65/17's that are on it now? This would give an inch of lift (2" diameter larger), and about and inch wider. Anyone ever done this?

Second question I had is a bit simpler, for you canadians out there, have you had to do any suspension work yet? shocks/struts and if so how many kilometers on the car and the approx price.

Thanks a bunch!
TBK

·
Registered
172 Posts
My suspension still seems fine at 173k. I did replace a couple sway bar bushings in the rear last year which cost approx. $10 each at the dealership. I installed them myself to save the labour cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts