Nissan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
The wires don't replace your factory ground wires, they piggyback on top of them.

And all the dyno results show some gains.

UNISH25 said:
Josh you are totally right about that...!!!I even said in my previous post that I agreed to that. In reality the equation for Power goes like this...

O.K So why increase the Resistance???
Power=V^2/Resistance
By increasing the resistance in car wiring we decrease the current flow to the electrical system inside the car. Therefore decreasing power flow to a system!!! Proven by the equation...More power can be diverted to more important systems or less power can be consumed up. Remember POWER is POWER no matter what its measured in. Electrical Power gets converted into Mechanical at the alternator. If you want a All GO Vehicle then why waste electrical energy on something like a Stereo and Amp.

Now the Amp...
***In order for the Maximum Transfer or Power from Circuit A to Circuit B The output Resistance of A must match the input resistance of B!!! The output resistance of the amplifier, must be equal to the input resistance of the Speakers in order for the signal to be great! The Amp usually runs off an 8ohm output resistance. So do the speakers....The 10 guage or better wire you put in them is used to match that resistance as great as possible!. Thicker & shorter wires have less Resistance!!. 22 Gauge wire is thinner and has more resistance. And if you guys don't know 8 guage is a pretty thick wire. Some of the power lost in the 22 guage wire is dissipated as heat...Therefore you wouldn't be getting maximum power to the Amps that it requires!.

Here are some stupid facts about car Resistance...I grabbed from a website...about electrical resistance in wires.

* An atom consists of a nucleus and orbiting electrons. These electrons can create a flow of current, so the more free electrons there are, the more conducting capability that material has; thus copper is more conductive that iron.

* Wires with wider diameter have more free electrons because the cross-section surface area is larger in proportion to the length, so the wider the wires are, the less reactive they would be. Resistance is proportional to the cross-section are of the wire given that the length and the material should be the same.

* Longer wires will cause an increase in resistance because the electrons have to travel past more atoms and collisions between the electrons and the atoms are more likely then in shorter wires. Resistance should also be proportional to the length of the wires.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.