Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was waiting for my girlfriend in the bookstore and decided to take a quick browse through the lastest edition of Super Street and noticed something I wanted to ask everyone. They were reviewing a new product that replaces all the engine electrical wiring to produce less resistance and more available electrical energy. Anyhow, they dynoed the product on a couple of cars and produced rather substantial results. On a new Maxima, they got around a 10+ hp gain through certain RPM ranges on the wiring alone. Other cars were not so dramatic (an S2000 only had about a 2 hp gain) but I believe the average was around 5 hp through the entire RRM spectrum. Additionally, the wiring was only about $100. Unfortunately, I could only skim through the article but I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of (or had experience w/) such a thing? Sorry such vague info. but any help would be nice. 5-15 hp for $100 certainly doesn't sound bad.

·
Flux Capacitor is the key
573 Posts
Ok...let the electrical engineer answer this one.

Hmmm...a wire that offers less resistance than copper!!!!!...
The only thing in the world probably better than copper is the good metals.
Those metals are gold and platinum.
Gold would be extremely good, but costs lots of money.
Platinum wires are the best for the least resistance. But costs more than gold.

Hmmm...there are super conducting wires now a days with liquid nitrogen in them. It could quite possibly be those. I haven't heard of them yet in the market. They provide low resistance at a very ok price. But even still it wouldn't cost you $100 for the whole wiring!!! That seems a little tooo low, do you remember where you read this from? Or what type of wire? Any other info?

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was in Super Street. It was an article, not an advertisement. If I remember correctly, the better conduction was because it had something like 4x the amount of mini copper wires than the standard stock wire. Does that help?

·
Registered
54 Posts
If its what im thinking of its that grounding system. You can do the same thing with some heavy duty power wire. Its just common wire that you hook up to several places on the motor to make a better ground. The only way it would make more power is if your factory setup was crap from years of abuse. Same thing as re ground your maf. On a good new car it would do nothing but look like a pretty piece of wire.

-sean
did the same thing with common power wire.

·
Registered
260 Posts
BadAhab is correct.
This set up is common in Japan, I have just read this in a HK tuner magzine. They called it "earthing" in Japan, grounding here. So just do what BadAhab said, you should get the same results, if not, close. I'm gonna do it when the weather gets warmer. I'm just too lazy.......................................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts