Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Spec v and am getting ready to make some minor performance improvements. I am thinking of an AEM ca intake, I was wondering if anyone had a bad experience with them or had a better recommendation for the spec v. Also, I have been reading a lot about grounding kits, I was just wondering if anybody had one on their spec v and could notice the gains. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i am no expert on this but for the most part a cai is going to be about the same from whoever you get it from. some guys say a grounding kit helps but i dont really believe it. untill i see some proof i will still think of it as one of those mods that people do to just say they have it done and it looks cool to them.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
The AEM intake is an excellent choice.. It's one of the most throughly tested CAIs on the market. Several independent tests have confirmed the AEM hp claims.

The difference in pipe diameter, length can make a big difference. This is why you should stay away from those cheapos on ebay.. they are basically generic kits. The AEM CAIs are designed and tested on each car for best possible results.

There is a lot of data on the grounding kits. I would suggest researching it a little and checking the sources.. as opposed to "I believe" type facts.

good luck

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I prefer the Generation 2 cai from Nismo, simply because it has the MAF sensor integrated into the piping. AEM is top nothc though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts