Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i do after the mods I already have. I have CAI, 4-1 header, and a Greddy Evo II cat-Back. Performance wise, what can I do the boost up my car>?? (except turbos...) :fluffy:

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
you've done the brunt of the mods that make the biggest difference except cams, go either JWT or nismo cams. Apexi SAFC II also is a good way to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cams? how much are those gonna run? where to have it installed? how many HP gained afterwards?

·
8,328 Posts
look around. Read nissan performance mag. Search. the info is all available....you have to find it ;)

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Get a downpipe on that header with high flow cat if you havent already.

JWT S1 Billet cams will give you 8-10 WHP, and double that if you are boosting
Gank the balancer shaft with the JWT kit, that is good for about 8 WHP
SAFC2 and tuning can do 7-9 WHP
Buy ES motor mount inserts if you havent already
Nitrous Oxide, 50 is fine for the QR, and a lotta guys will run 75
Impulse Mechanisms are having a blowout on their crank pulleys for 115 dollars shipped, IMO you will get more power than what many people say

Other things that have smaller and somewhat debatable gains:
Hondata intake gasket
Throttle body bypass (I personally think this is goofy and if it gets cold you could fubar your engine)
Knock Sensor relocation (Will give you gains but I personally wouldnt do this)
Grounding kit
Throttle body porting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Or maybe MSD and Injectors with the SAFC, I dont know if that would do much since he is not maxing the stock ones :confused:

Grounding kits are sweet as hell if you have a syetem. Saw an aritcle on them in Import tuner. Neted a 1hp gain on the dyno

·
8,328 Posts
don't need injectors, the stockers can handle more than any QR has made n/a yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

which downpipe is better?? need info

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
xmosquetox said:
A downpipe is essentially a downpipe. VRS and HP Autoworks makes them. As they are sold, they are catless meaning you will throw a CEL and probably not pass emissions. I would reccomend going with a cat. What brand is your header?

·
Registered
27 Posts
xmosquetox said:
I dont know if any particular DP is necessarily better, but itll help you to free up maybe 2-3 horsies and about 8 ftlbs tq, Well If you dont plan on getting Cams then the next best thing would be the SAFC2 as Chimmike said.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a 4-1 header, and wa does the SFAC2 do, wa brand should i get?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wa does it do? i heard that u need that if u got turbo....

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
What does an SAFC do? It lets you control the air fuel ratio on your car. For the Specs, they are generally leaned out on low end and richened on top end IIRC. The tuning of an SAFC2 is not something you should do yourself as you can hurt your engine. It must be dyno tuned by a pro who knows what they are doing. As far as gains, 7-9 WHP can be expected with good bolt ons.

Also, if your header is just a 4-1 generic, I would consider replacing it. Personally, I like the 4-2-1 header but that all depends if you want low end or top end power. I am going with a 4-2-1 header for low-mid range power, but aftermarket camshafts will give me plenty of top.

·