Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just looking for some opinions on performance mufflers for my max. I have been looking at the stillen axle back section for a while now but its $300. I would like something that style that will last a while, thats not going to sound like a honda with a knock off n1 muffler on it. I have also looked at borla mufflers also. I have heard good things about borla from my friends but they all drive mustangs, and the sounds of the 2 cars are completely different. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for nice sound, power gained (I realize its just a muffler), and styling thats not going to break the bank. I plan on modifying my stock mid pipe by cutting out the resonator and welding in a pipe, to create a "cat back" system. The "cat back" is the only peice of stock exhaoust I have left. Any help would be apreciated, I am looking to do something soon, the tracks open back up Easter!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
why dont you just go for a full cat back system......HKS has a catback system for under 500$...go check it out....it has a pretty nice sound and you get decent gains from it......looks excellent man...... :hal:

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
I recommend the whole catback system as well. It can be had for less than 500. Even the "G---READY" ones ;)

I like the quiet myself. Resonators, cats, are all pretty efficient on the max from what I hear. So you won't get much of a gain. I think the flow of the bends are killing us with those 90degree bends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts