Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Re: chip

cortrim1 said:
I have heard rumors of a chip as well, but nissan cars traditionaly have needed a piggy back board for the ecu. Also raising the rev limiter would not help unless you get better valve springs and remove the balanced shafts. The balanced shafts will lock up at 7000rpm(engine speed) causing the motor to lock up. :(
I have not heard anything about them locking up at 7K now what i'm curious about is just what is the reason for them.. is is to cancel low end vibration? do they stablize the lower end?
nissan put it there for a reason and dammit i wanna know :D .
and i read Torry's post about it, and im wondering if the removal is reversable. since you have to (quick way) cut the chain that drives it.
I know that some other cars used something similar like the ghost of a car the mitsubishi starion (friend of mine has one)

so if anyone knows and can tell me what this thingy is really for. I would greatly appreciate it.

i want to remove it but im a little hesitant.

· Registered
184 Posts
i see well i think i have a VERY good idea what im doing Sunday, especially since i just a call from a frined of mine that knows some people from nismo and they told him the same thing that the balance shafts are to cancel low level vibration and are not a requirement for the engine to operate.

it makes me wonder why they put them in all qr25's why not only in altima motors, and save weight and money?? and since they were so concerned on weight for that matter why not drop the b/s and put in stronger springs and valves???
since they did this to suposed to save weight..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.