Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new to this forum and would like to ask yall a few questions and hope yall can give me sum replys back....Ok my questions are im bout to buy a 92 sentra ga16de for 400bux off one of my good buddys and it has 200k on it doesnt smoke or use oil has had a new tranny installed and needs some brake work anyway im wanting to build the lil car a bit i was wanting sum cams for it the only ones i can find is jwt and there 560 bux and i was wondering if yall knew anybdy that made cams besides them or anybdy that could regrind a set for me?

Oh and any other mods that are good for this engine let me kno im wanting a N/A i dont want to turbo it i want reliable power in a reliable car........

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
the mods the most mentioned here
in order
First, free, adjust timing, advance to max, then must use premium fuel
Then Bolt ons
1) intake, WAI or CAI
2) exhaust, cat back
3) headers
4) ECU ( JWT) timing and VTC optimization and rev limit and speed limit removed
5) cams
6) Head and intake work

there are articles and dyno results posted, search here and you will find links, but some of these may be for the later ga16 from B14.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank ya but uh im looking for cheaper cams thats why im wanting sombdy to regrind a set for me if anybody knows of a shop or website please inform me....and after headers and full exhaust and intake and the advanced timing and ignition work and cams if i can find sum how much power will i be looking at?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The best upgrade I ever did was a JWT ecu made the biggest difference. Made the car more fun to drive. Just my two cents worth. From what I've heard though the JWT Cams are worth the money I was going to get them for my 94 but have decided to do a sr20 swap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Still nobody that knows anyother compaines that can regrind a set of cams or who else makes any?

And another thing i thought these engines made 115hp stock let alone header back exhaust a intake the timing and ignition work?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sure, you might be able to make 115 at the crank if you lived at sea level, with 1 atmosphere of pressure, the ideal temperature, etc. Manufacturers always get those numbers at very idealized conditions, so your engine will more than likely not make the power Nissan says it does, not to mention drivetrain loss. And there are very few companies that do anything for the GA, so I doubt there are too many people that either can or know of people who can regrind a cam.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still thank some shop could regrind a set for less than 560bux on a $400 car ya know....But if any yall have anymore info on cams please let me kno.

And so since i live in the mountains of NC with all the bolt ons how much hp would ya guestamate id be making? and one with the cams+the bolt ons to please?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys own these cars id just like to kno what hp im looking at with just bolt ons and what hp if yall can help me find any cams that want cost me a arm and a leg ik sombody knows of somthing else beside jwt......Ive had a couple tuners and got all of ems cams reground and made a great diffrence mid to high rpms just looking for somthing under $350........HELP!

·
Registered
173 Posts
What about the people that reground your cams before? I don't know of any shop that will regrind cams for a GA. The parts are getting expensive for the GA because there are only a few shops that make anything anymore. These engines aren't really tuners in the normal use of the word. :/ Someone gave a good estimate earlier about how much you would be looking at with bolt ons and cams...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No he was estimating the hp with just bolt ons id hope any engine with full bolt ons and cams would make more than 115 he sed bolt ons was 110!And my other cam statment was!!!!!!!!!!!!Ive had them done b4 on other 4cyl engines and they did good and 4 560bux id hope theyd give more than 115hp.
And on this link it was brought up how mucj hp a stock GA makes it was 115h and 108tq
200sx GA16DE hp – Sportcompactcarweb.com Letters to the Editor Forum

·
Registered
173 Posts
It says rated at, not makes. Mike Kojima dynoed one and it made 90.5 whp and 86.3 ft-lb. The site got taken down in a dispute between Kojima and NPM, so it's in archives online. If you want, I can dig around on my external and see if I saved the Excel sheet with the gains, but it may take a while since I have homework to catch up on before doing anything else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats cool man ik that wasnt to the wheels im just hopen if i but a grand in it i can make some good power ya kno headers$150 full exhaust found one for free wires plugs$75 ported and polished intake and exhuast valves$200 im going to ask my local hot rod shop if they could do me some custom cams which idk if they can so if not ima go with jwt which is $560 but i read up on a pulsar site that Crow cams had a set?do crow cams make a set? and what does the jwt ecu do besides speed limiter and rev?And i seen on summit the jet makes a programer for my sentra would that be worth anything perfomance wise it cost almost $300?

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Dont forget these cams are set up with buckets and shims, so your adjustment is limited if you re-grind and reduce the base circle

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok so ur saying that regrind is crap? it worked for my f22a and my 4g15 im jw if its worth speding 560bux for a set of cams and has anybdy installed em?if so what was the power gains?

·
Registered
4,244 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
ok so ur saying that regrind is crap? it worked for my f22a and my 4g15 im jw if its worth speding 560bux for a set of cams and has anybdy installed em?if so what was the power gains?
No I didn't say that, i said you need to be careful because of the way the valve clearances are adjusted.
I believe the JWT cams are ground on new Nissan blanks
posted the HP curves for you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey the JWT alters the fuelmap and ingnition map. If your going to spend 300 bucks on that tuners then check out my Classified. I'm selling my JWT ECU for 300 plus shipping because I blew up my GA with N20.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts