Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A neighbor of mine just bought a new Maxima...either 01 or 02...got it about 2 weeks ago. This morning he woke up, his headlights were gone! He couldn't even get the car to start. Then the dealer told him that they are a highly stolen item, and they have to keep them in stock. When my aunt told me I thought it was a joke, but she's serious. It really sucks....I dont even trust the people in my neighborhood. :(

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
your neighbor probably had the 02 maxima, with HID
those head lamps go for over 500$

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
My friend with a '90 Subaru Legacy had his turnsignals stolen. It's not exactly a common car, but I guess someone wanted them.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said he was quoted over $600 each to replace them.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know how they got in...I still haven't seen the car.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
since we are on the topic of headlights
did u see the new 5 series headlights? when you have parking lights on, the round trim around the headlight projector lights up!
looks so fricken awesome

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The audacity!!!

They came back again tonight. The guy just got the car back, and parked it next to my gate...mine was in his gateway. The lady next door came home and saw another new Max pull up next to his, and the driver was looking at the guys headlights. She told the guy, and he came out, and the Max drove off. Its really messed up, because the guy is now a target of these theives. What is wrong with these lazy SOB's? :mad:

·
Registered
87 Posts
The same thing was happening to owners of Acura TLs. All 99 and up TLs come standard with HID lights. These supposedly bolt on to the previous generation Accord. Of course the wiring will have to be upgraded though.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
well there was a guy on maxima.org who bought a maxima for his dad and was drivin it for couple weeks, one set of headlights got jacked, he got some new ones, couple days later he came out the car was without rims and headlights, called the insiurance, came from work, the airbags were gone and window smashed
talk about bad luck

·
Registered
390 Posts
XtremE said:
well there was a guy on maxima.org who bought a maxima for his dad and was drivin it for couple weeks, one set of headlights got jacked, he got some new ones, couple days later he came out the car was without rims and headlights, called the insiurance, came from work, the airbags were gone and window smashed
talk about bad luck
Crap that sucks! where was this at?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn....thats some bad luck right there. :(

H

·
0 Posts
omg

Damn those ore some sick sob's!!! What about an alarm system? I feel your pain on this, thats why I've always put my car in the garage.

HSentra

·
Registered
2 Posts
Headlight Issue

NEW YORK– On March 10, 2004, the law firm of Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP filed a class action lawsuit against Nissan Motor Co., LTD., Nissan North America, Inc., (hereafter collectively referred to as "Defendants" or "Nissan") on behalf of purchasers and lessees of Nissan’s 2002 and 2003 Maxima model sedan ("Maxima") equipped with Nissan’s High-Intensity Discharge bi-level xenon projector headlamps ("Xenon Headlights"). Plaintiff brings this class action to remedy Defendants’ false and misleading business practices Plaintiff seeks damages, restitution of all sums paid by Plaintiff and members of the Class for the purchase and replacement of the Xenon Headlights, together with the cost of repair necessitated by the theft of the headlights and the payments made for purchase and installation of the repair kit. If you would like more information about the action or would simply like to receive updates about the progress of this suit via e-mail, please contact Anthony Vozzolo, Esq. Of Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP at telephone: (877)247-4292 or (212)983-9330 or via e-mail at: [email protected].

andre said:
A neighbor of mine just bought a new Maxima...either 01 or 02...got it about 2 weeks ago. This morning he woke up, his headlights were gone! He couldn't even get the car to start. Then the dealer told him that they are a highly stolen item, and they have to keep them in stock. When my aunt told me I thought it was a joke, but she's serious. It really sucks....I dont even trust the people in my neighborhood. :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts