Nissan Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
hagasan said:
All right I was going to let this one go but something happend yesterday that kind of pissed me off. Here I go...

I tried to find how to change ignition timing on my car. I thought I'd go and "search" for the info. Of course I read up on all the threads and how it is sooooo easy to change your timing. After looking through all of the info (including the page in the Sentra.net site that everyone was refering too) I realised that allthough there was allot of talk no one REALLY explianed how to do it. Everyone raved how it improves the power and how you need to change it to 15 dergees...BUT no one...not ONE freaking person actually expained where on a 1.6L the timing marks are (yeah I know by the crank pulley...BUT WHERE!!!) nor how the timing light works??? So pretty much after 2 hours of looking I did not find out S$#T.... Moral of the story... Although you guys think you have answered all the Q's, usually none of the forums hold ALL of the answers... So that's why the ppl ask the same question OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Because most ppl either don't answer the question correctly or completely...

my two cents...

BTW: The answers would be appreciated...
I'll have some time here in about 45-1 hour to help you out. I have the 1.6L myself, and when I went to a friend's house to adjust my timing, we had a hard time finding the lights (He's 48 and has been working on cars since he was 16 or so). I know there is an article explaining exactly how to do it. You might go to your nearest Autozone and get a Haynes manual, or better yet drop the $50-60 and get a Factory Service Manual. What we did was hook up the timing light, and start the car. We then used the timing light to locate the marks. They were right about the crank pulley. If you shine the light between the coolant resoviour (sp?) and the alternator towards that direction and look around, you shouldn't have much trouble finding them.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Here is that link I promised you. I went to www.sentra.net and searched for "ga16de timing" and used the information from links in there to get this article: http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/november98/timing.shtml

Sorry I posted this later that I promised... I left work early. I think i'm getting this stomach virus going around...

I think that if more people would respond like this, people would learn how to search better. I think that in itself would help curb redundant questions.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts