Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 95 GA16de 5 spd (Headers, Short ram intake, breathers, Stage 2 clutch) with 155K miles.

3 weeks ago I replaced the entire distributor (new cap and rotor) and performed a tune up (NGK Plugs, wires, Fuel filter, and PCV valve).

When driving up a hill, there is a significant loss of power even with the Accelerator pedal is to the floor. The steeper the hill the greater the loss. Once over the hill, with the pedal still to the floor, there is a small amount power gain but no really noticeable.

Additionally, there is a grinding/rattling noise in every gear up until the RPMs reach around 3k.

Any suggestions on what can be causing this as well as any step by step fix, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
pedal to the floor....No Power!! :confused:

:confused:
I have a 95 GA16de 5 spd (Headers, Short ram intake, breathers, Stage 2 clutch) with 155K miles.

3 weeks ago I replaced the entire distributor (new cap and rotor) and performed a tune up (NGK Plugs, wires, Fuel filter, and PCV valve).

When driving up a hill, there is a significant loss of power even with the Accelerator pedal is to the floor. The steeper the hill the greater the loss. Once over the hill, with the pedal still to the floor, there is a small amount power gain but no really noticeable.

Additionally, there is a grinding/rattling noise in every gear up until the RPMs reach around 3k.

Any suggestions on what can be causing this as well as any step by step fix, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before I replaced the Dist. I marked where the original one was on the engine block, so it should be the same timing. Right?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sounds like you knocked something loose when you did the tune up. Either way SOMETHING is wrong. Check the cap and rotor, check your plugs and wires, AND stop flooring it if you are having these issues. All you are going to do is earn an engine swap doing that.

·
Registered
612 Posts
With the loss of power and the grinding noise, it sounds like there's something up with the clutch. Does the grinding stop if you press the clutch pedal and rev the engine? Could use a little more info on what the car actually does when going up a hill (engine revs but no acceleration, etc).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts