Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well as some of you kno i rebuilt my motor, and then it burned oil really bad and i thought it was the rings. well turns out the pcv is sucking up oil, wich i think it also has to do with a bad valve cover. well i capped off my pcv and capped off the hose that goes to my intake. it runs good but i think i lost some hp. if i uncap the hose that goes to the intake will it bet ok? i dont think it could hurt anything itll just help put oxygen into the cyls rlike it should be doing with out sucking up my oil.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nismo1997 said:
Bad valve cover? Did I read it wrong
yeah some what. cause if you look at the bottom of it theres a shield that looks liek it stops oil from getting there.. also on number 4 hole the gasket is ripped.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
uh, don't cap off the PCV.

the only way it would be sucking up oil is if the PCV is backwards...otherwise blowby on a n/a car is pretty minor to nothing.

re-run the hose....the problem is likely coming from elsewhere.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chimmike said:
uh, don't cap off the PCV.

the only way it would be sucking up oil is if the PCV is backwards...otherwise blowby on a n/a car is pretty minor to nothing.

re-run the hose....the problem is likely coming from elsewhere.
no its definantly comming from there cause when i pull out my pcv and start the car i can see oil building up around the hole just as idle. pluss when i capped it off it ran perfect. i think it has to do with my valve cover one of the o ring gaksets on number 4 is ripped kinda nasty and i think it has to do with the shield on the bottom side of it letting oil in it. pluss i stuck this really thin chord i found through the hose and it came back with oil on it. also the hose dumps into the intake right by cyl 2 and 3 witch are the only ones that really burned oil.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Skoodles said:
no its definantly comming from there cause when i pull out my pcv and start the car i can see oil building up around the hole just as idle. pluss when i capped it off it ran perfect. i think it has to do with my valve cover one of the o ring gaksets on number 4 is ripped kinda nasty and i think it has to do with the shield on the bottom side of it letting oil in it. pluss i stuck this really thin chord i found through the hose and it came back with oil on it. also the hose dumps into the intake right by cyl 2 and 3 witch are the only ones that really burned oil.
You really need to pull off the VC and seal off the top of it. I had to re-seal mine after I got it powdercoated and I just cleaned the crap out of it and used oil-resistant RTV and sealed the whole thing. Worked great. It is sealed as it is designed for air and not oil so seal it off.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i plann on getting a new valve cover soon for now ....your going to hate me for this. but i went to wal mart got a air vent filter yes its by apc and i kno it doesnt make power i used it to vent the air out of the pcv instead of blocking completly and risk getting oil leaks in other places

1 - 8 of 8 Posts