Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Pathy won't turn up loud enough...
Once it gets a tiny bit loud, it won't go higher.
Is this common?
Is there a system that won't let it get any higher???
SUCKS!

·
Registered
102 Posts
If its an origional head unit and speakers in it, your headunit is probably going bad. Get a new head unit like a pioneer or something with 2 pre outs a front and rear and then get the nissan amp intergrater harness from like Best Buy or Circut City. If you put it in and its still is doing the same, your amp is going bad. Then you have to do an amp bypass.If you do not want to do all that try finding a used bose amp for your particular year and truck buy it or use someone else's to test it. its probably cheaper to just get a new head unit and have them do the amp bypass. I do not know where you can find a old amp like that. DO all of your speakers work, including the little ones in the A pilliars or doors?

it might be this harness NN03B from schosche but i would have to look at it to tell. If it has 2 pair of RCA for the speaker leads it will work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, all the speakers work fine.
It's annoying, it gets semi-loud, but once it gets to a certain point, it won't get any louder, plus the knob that turns it up is super picky(you have to roll it slowly).
Is there a bass response thing that keeps it from getting louder?
I've also heard that the speakers won't work with just any head unit.
You know anything about that?
I want to jam to my tunage and I'm stuck...ugh
Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah the problem stems from the circutry that nissan/bose puts in there. whats happening is your head unit is going bad so its trying to "save" its self by not allowing the head unit to send out a signal above a certain point. Like i was saying they have new harneses for after market radios that should work with your head unit. If i can find it i will message you. If you find a new head unit and get it put in and it still doesn't work then you need to bypass the amp which any major car radio install pace should have. if you don't know what your doing dont try to go cheap and do it yourself. I have seen way to many self jobs and it gets expensive to fix. let somewhere do it right and get a warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts