Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im planning to finish my audio system... one of these days hahaha, so yeah i have a 1995 pathfinder, with stock speakers, one of the front tweeters missing, the other one blown, and the speakers will no longer play out of the stock harness, being that the last owner ripped out the amp(s) and chopped up all the wires... and now there is two wires that are run from the back side panel all the way to the head unit.... so yeah, all of the speakers are bridged and powered by the deck's FRONT output only... i mean for these stock speakers it sounds fine with my pioneer p7600mp, but yeah eventually im gonna run all new wires, and from what i've seen, it'll be a hell of a process and will probably take a week. Now i just have to decide on what kinda of speakers to put in. I've had my eye on the infinity reference series component system with 5x7 speakers. the only bad thing is i would have to buy two of them, because there are 4 5x7's and 4 tweeters in the vehicle. With 2 sets, the components wont get QUITE as much wattage as they prefer, but i dont need a thump from them i just need quality... because i have 2 apline type s 10" subs waiting for a box and an amp... which will both be provided quite cheaply for now.... And yeah that raises another question... See the subs will be placed behind the back seat. There is a fair bunch of open air in the pathfinder, especially between me (the driver) and the subs. Should I have a closed box, or ported? I'm still not exactly sure what the difference is in bass quality and thumpness, (haha yeeah, thumpness) and how the more open space than everyday cars will affect the sound. We'll, i've rambled enough, and this stupid essay aint gonna write itself so yeah later.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts