Nissan Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thank you for all the help from the forum. SPlashed out and purchased anew battery. It has started for the past 3 days without a hitch. Saturday supposed to hit minus 27 degrees here in Calgary. That will be the test, once again, many thanks.
LOL
It just occurred to me that I addressed this problem on page 1 of this topic in January of 2016.
Can't say that it will solve everyones cold start problems, but want to point out that not all problems are of the "rocket science" variety, and that the basics should NEVER be overlooked.
Good luck Robo129!
Please let us know how you do this weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I must hang my head low!! I always believed that if the battery was strong enough to turn the engine over, it would start. I have been enlightened to the fact, this is not the case. I installed a new battery and low and behold, being minus 17 this morning. IT STARTED. Can't believe it. I am not a mechanic and wanted to solve this problem without spending big dollars. Without your suggestion I would have been big dollars lighter in my pocket. Thank you for all of your help and advice, this truly is a great forum. Many many thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I must hang my head low!! I always believed that if the battery was strong enough to turn the engine over, it would start. I have been enlightened to the fact, this is not the case. I installed a new battery and low and behold, being minus 17 this morning. IT STARTED. Can't believe it. I am not a mechanic and wanted to solve this problem without spending big dollars. Without your suggestion I would have been big dollars lighter in my pocket. Thank you for all of your help and advice, this truly is a great forum. Many many thanks.
You're welcome!
I've mentioned repeatedly that this might not be the solution for everybody, but I'm glad it seems to have solved yours.
Battery related issues can cause many seemingly unrelated problems, though other things can be wrong.
But I've learned throughout my career to eliminate the basic stuff first before going into "rocket science" mode.
Also, a battery should always be considered (at least to some point) an expendable item, not something expected to last indefinitely.
Batteries, as good as they are, have a tough life.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts