Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How hard is it to do clutch job on 97 Pathfinder (5spd) ? My roommate's Pathfinder is making pretty loud noise from clutch area when he press the clutch pedal in. Does anybody know what the problem is?

BTW, it is a 97 Pathfinder SE V6 (4WD).

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
its the throwout bearing, i had mine replaced at 110,000 on my '96 path, the clutch itself was fine :)

W

·
0 Posts
Yosuke,

How are you? I had a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder and I replaced the clutch twice. Once done by the dealer, and I did it myself the second time. It sucked! As a side note though, the previous post was correct. My problem was the throwout bearing the second time. Real noisy.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! But....

Thanks for your post.. You guys were right. it was the throwout bearing. It took us 2 weeks to get this job done and it was just extremely painful..

He did fix that throwout bearing problem, he installed the new clutch, every parts were back together, and ready for the test drive. And Guess what? Transmission is making the another loud noise again. Yup. My roommate actually failed his project. It was making noise when he pressed on the clutch before, but now, it's the other way. It stops making noise when he press on the clutch pedal. Car still runs and everything, but that's some nasty noise.. Someone told him it's the bearing inside the transmission and it will cost him $1500 to fix that problem. OR maybe it's something simple he didn't do it right. Maybe the bad throwout bearing again.. He's in pretty big shock right now after all the time and effort he invested on this project. Seriously, he lost 20lbs during this project. And right now, he is under his Pathfinder and start taking off the transmission again.. hahaha.. I feel really bad..

W

·
0 Posts
After swapping out the clutch once by myself, I decided I never wanted to do it again. I sold my Pathfinder 2 months later...:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts