Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

pathfinder 2002 3.5 engine has chain or belt? in some forums it says chain. but my technician tell it is coming with belt.
any one can confirm ? I am from middle east. I love this vehicle. it has run 218000 km till now. and I have never changed it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There are downloadable factory service manuals (free) online that will have that info.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,010 Posts
hi all

pathfinder 2002 3.5 engine has chain or belt? in some forums it says chain. but my technician tell it is coming with belt.
any one can confirm ? I am from middle east. I love this vehicle. it has run 218000 km till now. and I have never changed it.
According to the FSM for a 2002 Pathfinder with a V6, the engine in your vehicle is a VQ35DE which uses a timing chain assembly consisting of three chains.
If the chain assembly is quiet during initial startup, there is no need for replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the FSM for a 2002 Pathfinder with a V6, the engine in your vehicle is a VQ35DE which uses a timing chain assembly consisting of three chains.
If the chain assembly is quiet during initial startup, there is no need for replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks buddy for your effort. here in Kuwait the authorized dealer for Nissan says it is belt. that's why I was confused. can u share the link of FSM OF 2002 PATHFINDER? I want to show them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts