Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is :
What exactly can you do to a car (or my car specifically) and still have it able to pass smog checks in CA?

For example:
Will a JWT Pop Charger pass?

·
Banned
395 Posts
yeah, it would pass smog, it wouldnt pass the visual test tho.....basically it all depends on how well your car is tuned, i mean if you have good spark plugs and the car is in great shape(engine wise) it should pass emissions just as long as you dont remove the catalytic converter

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats an EO # ? and what the diff between the stillen and JWT filters? (just the price?)

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
It's a number assigned by the CARB California Air Resource Board that certifies a part as similar to OEM or does not affect the emissions of the vehicle beyond that of the OEM equipment. If you have one on a part you can pass visual inspections no prob.

Yeah, price... it's the same design though.

·
Driver
736 Posts
When I had a Stillen POP, I was at a smog place and the guy didn't pass me, even after I showed him the EO#. I went to another place and the guys there looked at the filter for a few minutes, then passed me -no questions asked. This shop didn't even look at the EO#. So basically, depends on where you take it.

·
Banned
395 Posts
tru tru

yeah, it all depends where you take your car to be smogged, for example in LA, there are a lot of crooked shops that dont care as long as they get the money........they may be expensive just for the fact that they are risking their business, but got to TJ and they'll pass you for like 5 bux(no questions asked)..........but i have a question, if you go smog your car and pass the emissions but fail the visual, will you still get the certificate?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts